Chaigley Weekender Horseboxes

miniemy

Visit site
Hi all

Looking for a little bit of advice. We will be looking to get one of these later on in the year. Can anyone give me their experiences good/bad, or opinions of other lorries of this type.

I have looked at a number of websites etc. Looking really for that extra bit of room a weekender gives you. Please feel free to PM me if you dont want to post.

Thanks in advance.

Emma

onemoretime

Visit site
Have a look at the Tru Leisure web site. We got our from there and it is brilliant. They are very helpful and their after sales service is excellent.

They are in Kent by the way, near Ashford a place called Smarden.

miniemy

Visit site
Hi

Funny you should say this as my partner came home from work today as someone recommended them. Looked on their web site and deff worth a visit. Although everything seems to be listed as an optional extra?

Also the luton pod is looks quite dated compaired to the newer versions I have seen.

Will go and have a look though considering they are so local.

Thanks

StinkiPinki

Visit site
Hi there

i have one of these which i bought new last year, i love it! the build is good and very solid, very high solid breast bar . The horses travel very well in it although i only travel one at a time.
The only thing i would change is to have more ventilation in the horse area, i am either putting in a fan for next summer or getting a local coachbuilders to put in an extra window in the rear of the horse area.

onemoretime

Visit site
With regard to the luton, it would depend on what sort of chassis you have. If you have a cut down van version the luton is like a big letter box and not a lot of good in my opinion but if you have a proper chassis cab then the luton is huge and you can store plenty in it. Also the rear seat in the living area doubles up as a large trunk, there is also storage under the sink unit and we also have a tack locker with shelf overhead and poles for 3 saddles and the water container also goes in there.

The living area is the extended version so there is a reasonable amount of room to sit and have something to eat and drink.

they will find a chassis for you if you want them to.

Hope this helps.

miniemy

Visit site
Perfect thank you very much for your help. I think we are off shopping soon yippppeeee, new lorry here we come!

Vicki1986

Visit site
just upping Emma's post. Does anyone have a chaigley weekender?

Have looked around at Tru L and other local websites, and also further up north, alexanders etc (the grand national) really interested in the seperate living aspect (payload not too much of an issue as only got small beasts who travel seperately)