chambon or de-gouge??

L

lilym

for a cob who needs to stretch over his back more, have tried a pessoa but not much good on him, he doesn't seem to like the "contact" it gives him every step!! teeth back usual stuff done and fine! i normally use side riens but just want something a little more "giving" are either of these any good or am i wasting my money??

kimmacey

Visit site
im not 2 great with this stuff but i no that the de-gouge is very good espesh for lunging, i was amazed how much it was working when i was using it.lol as i find side reins are just too much.
hope it helped
kimxx

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
De gogue for me
smile.gif
Plus you can ride in it

horseygirl28

Visit site
I have a de-gogue, its excellent. Bought it for one of my horses years ago that needed to learn to work through from behind and worker longer and lower, he had very high head carriage and didnt use himself properly. Anyway only ever lunged him in it, but it really helped!

Nepenthe

Visit site
This may sound all wrong, but have you tried working him over walk, trot and raised poles on the lunge? That will makee him tighten his abdominal muscles, and stretch his topline.
Chambons can have the unfortunate effect of tipping horses onto their forehand - as can De Gogues, really: they both work in very similar ways, the main difference being that you can ride in the latter.
Have you tried side reins (set to allow stretch)? If your cob 'fixes' his neck muscles, then you can encourage him to release them and stretch down by gently giving and taking on the lunge line (effectively flexing him left and right) til he softens down.