Championship for BE80T

Jango

Visit site
Hi, for BE I know that BE90/100 have the Badminton Grassroots championship but is there one for BE80T? If so do you need to be a BE member or is tickets ok? Thank you!

Jango

Visit site
Thanks MiaBella that's just what I was looking for :) I'll join my nearest BRC before I enter the BE80Ts just in case!

bounce

Visit site
This is the last year they are running the BRC BE80 championship. BRC are now running Area 80 qualifiers alongside their other ODE qualifiers so there will not be a BE one next year.

Laroxes

Visit site
I qualified last year and was really disappointed, they didn't make it feel like a championship at all, you wouldn't be able to spot the difference between that and a normal BE event :(

angelish

Visit site
I qualified last year and was really disappointed, they didn't make it feel like a championship at all, you wouldn't be able to spot the difference between that and a normal BE event :(
#
this ^
don't get too excited !
you can compete in a BE80 championship on a ticket but you must be a riding club member
i had a great time at the championships but it was what we made it , we stayed down there and had ourselves a lorry party :eek:
but it was like an ordinary BE80t the only difference was the prize giving , i was lucky enough to get placed and the rosette and prices were lovely :D

they had a mounted prize giving , but this was only the top three , the rest of us were stood in a line next to the top three
it took place hidden away in an indoor arena , not in the main arena of the event etc
its down on my BE record as a normal 80 , nothing to say it was a championship

there was also three sections , don't get me wrong i wouldn't have gotten placed if they had run everyone in one section and it was lovely to get a prize but is it not the whole point of a championships to test all the best against each other ?

i enjoyed the weekend but the competition itself was a little disapointing because as Laroxes said unless you were lucky enough to get placed it was just the same as a normal BE80

dark rider

Visit site
I had a great time at the BRC BE80 championships too. But the event was running alongside a standard BE80 and BE90, so ther was not much difference there. The only difference was that you had to qualify, and nearly everyone in my section got a double clear!
But it was fun

Jango

Visit site
Thanks for the information everyone, sad to know it's not like a proper championship :( I watched Badminton Grassroots this year and that was AMAZING!!