Change over 2 1/2 years

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
Just wanted to post some before and afters of the mare I started loaning in 2013 (first pics) and bought in April this year. She's about 23/24 yo now, started off knowing the basics after show jumping all her life and is now schooled to elementary / some medium. She recovered from a broken leg before I met her, in 2010. She's also a bad headshaker which I have vaguely under control now.

Feeling a bit down about things tonight as I thought the headshaking was all but gone but it came back (not as bad as before) yesterday. So these pics really cheered me up! She's not half as bad as she was and feels better than ever, plenty of joint supplements, exercise, saddle change and regular massages have really helped her out. Love my pony.

Now if she would just stop reverting to overbent as her default, that would be even better (wishful thinking, at one point we had no middle ground, it was either giraffe or overbent).

collage_20150721215112059.jpg

collage.jpg

PorkChop

Visit site
Oh my goodness, what a lucky horse and what a difference :)

I bet she would have a fair few stories to tell about her life - she is looking fabulous and a credit to you - don't feel down x

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
Thank you :) did no stirrups yesterday and rode terribly, she went terribly which just hasn't helped haha.

It's the headshaking that's got me really, honestly thought I had it under control with a yard and management change - she's loads better but it's still pretty bad as of yesterday :( hoping acupuncture could make a difference so trying that next.

Just want as long as possible with her and something like headshaking meaning her life is cut short cause it's not fair to keep her going would be awful! Especially when she's looking and feeling awesome.

Dusty85

Visit site
I second what LJR says; she looks wonderful given her age. Don't be down- be proud!

Horses are great levellers. Put the upset down, accept that they (and us) will have off days and pick yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day!