Change to eventing team

Supertrooper

Visit site
I wonder why Brookfield Innocent was still the travelling reserve horse if the owners had said in May he wouldn’t be going

I’m confused

ihatework

Visit site
The owners said he wouldn’t be going if he wasn’t running. So had one of the team pulled out he would have run, hence being on the list until they got on the plane

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
How heartbreaking for Piggy. After all she went through in the run up to previous Olympics. It seems a complete waste of time. If the owners had said that in May it really wasn’t worth having that horse for the short list, particularly when there was a lot of other fabulous possibilities for travelling reserves.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
So what exactly happened? Not the prettified up version?
The owners have decided the risks of travelling the horse to Tokyo and back, simply to be on stand by, dont add up for them.

There was a chance that should one of the three team horses get eliminated cross country then Arthur would step up to jump on the final day but Piggy and the owners admit that wouldn't be a scenario in which he would shine.

I can't blame them, I'm nervous travelling mine to local events, flying him half way around the world and back just in case, is a big ask.

By not going to Tokyo he'll be available for the Europeans about 4 or 5 weeks later where the owners can go and support.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
Her vlog is so honest and I feel for her, poor Piggy, especially when she was explaining to her son that she's not good enough. She's an incredible rider and was in an impossible position. I understand her owners decision but it is heart breaking for her.

Bearsmum

Visit site
Feel so sorry for Pig; never met a more humble and unassuming lady, am also totally confident that she will get her chance: Pigs will fly:)

Reactions: TPO

Squeak

Visit site
Poor Piggy but an impossible situation for all. I can understand not wanting to travel a horse all the way to Tokyo if there was a chance it wouldn't compete.

I'd missed the change in the rules where a horse would sub in rather than compete as an individual. Do you think there's a possibility that a country could be tempted to somehow sub an unreliable showjumper with a reliable and fresh reserve?

Cragrat

Visit site
I'm so sorry for Piggy. I REALLY hope she gets her chance next time. It must be sooooo hard to pick yourself up and push on :(

Reactions: TPO

KEK

Visit site
Poor Piggy but an impossible situation for all. I can understand not wanting to travel a horse all the way to Tokyo if there was a chance it wouldn't compete.

I'd missed the change in the rules where a horse would sub in rather than compete as an individual. Do you think there's a possibility that a country could be tempted to somehow sub an unreliable showjumper with a reliable and fresh reserve?
I think there are lots of penalties for subbing in, maybe 200? To stop that exact thing from happening I guess.
Piggy comes across as such a genuine, humble person and obviously an amazingly talented consistent rider. I really hope she gets her chance in Paris!

teapot

Visit site
The owners have decided the risks of travelling the horse to Tokyo and back, simply to be on stand by, dont add up for them.

There was a chance that should one of the three team horses get eliminated cross country then Arthur would step up to jump on the final day but Piggy and the owners admit that wouldn't be a scenario in which he would shine.

I can't blame them, I'm nervous travelling mine to local events, flying him half way around the world and back just in case, is a big ask.

By not going to Tokyo he'll be available for the Europeans about 4 or 5 weeks later where the owners can go and support.

The Euros will depend on two things - whether it goes ahead, they're crowdfunding it currently, and Covid travel rules for Brits...