Changing Feed - Agrobs Feeds - Experiences?

TwiggyL

Visit site
I have been looking at changing my ponies feed and I am interested in Agrobs - or anything else anyone has to recommend.

He is an 18yr old welsh c who was quite underweight a year ago, when I got him. He has done well this summer and put weight on. He is in light work.

I currently feed him:

a handful of fast fibre
1 scoop of hifi molasses free

he is out 24/7 at the moment so no hay but will obviously get hay in the winter.

Any advice appreciated.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Mine is Agrobs Musili, lovely stuff. No one sells it locally so they post it straight to me, no issues.

I mainly use it to get vitamins in. One bag lasts me ages.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I've used it for a few years, mine can be otherwise quite fussy! When he was in work I used to feed the aspero (with non-molassed beet, oats and linseed), now out of work and minimal tooth function he gets soaked wiesencobs which actually work better as a supplement carrier anyway.
There have been some supply issues though they have never effected me. We don't currently have any stockists so buy direct as it lasts ages anyway.

Follysmum

Visit site
I really like it but struggled to get constant supplies and having 8 to feed works out expensive at £2 extra a bag delivered direct

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We feed the Wiesencobs, the horses love them. We did have some supply issues a while ago, or at least our local tack & feed shop did but there doesn't seem to have been a problem recently.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I have a very fussy tb who needs watching so he doesn't lose weight. He won't eat big feeds as he gets bored halfway through. He gets the Musli which he loves together with Copra and Micronised Linseed.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I use a token amount of the müsli dampened as a carrier for supplements and prascend tablets, plus salt and micronised linseed. It absorbs them all well, and even the picky drama diva mare hoovers her feeds. It's super scrumptious. The aspero is a good chaff, but not as absorbent as the müsli. I may try the wiesencobs next time I order some in, after advice offered on a thread I posted a few weeks ago.

https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/agrobs-stockists.766961/

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Is the musli used instead of a chaff?

Yes but it has added extras sunflower seeds, beetroot, parsnip, carrots, apple, and various other bits. The sugar/starch total is a little higher than some albeit from natural sources and you might be careful about feeding to a laminitic. Or there's the Aspero which is more of standard grass chaff and the Leichtgenuss which is a low cal version.

Fwiw the guinea pigs love the museli too.

The mice at the yard go crazy for it, I have to make sure it's kept away from them and in the stable when he's eating dinner, they hang around while he's eating in case he drops some.