Changing passport to my name.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
My new horse has a CHAPS passport.How do I change it over to my name? Its not signed off by person I bought him from as she didnt bother changing it into her name.Theres only one transfer in there. It doesnt seem to work like other passport companies.
Therefore Im confused.HELP!!!!! :)

quirky

Visit site
They have a form to fill in, give the secretary a ring.
Word of advice - make sure you weigh and pay the correct postage when you send it.
Chaps aren't the best to deal with from my experience, so make sure you're in a good mood when you ring them :)

Ninfapaola

Visit site
My new horse has a CHAPS passport.How do I change it over to my name? Its not signed off by person I bought him from as she didnt bother changing it into her name.Theres only one transfer in there. It doesnt seem to work like other passport companies.
Therefore Im confused.HELP!!!!! :)

I've just done mine, except mine is with Wetherbys. I just sent the passport off with my cheque (recorded delivery) and got it back stamped and in my name within the week.

Star_Chaser

Visit site
The more I read about the passport system the more it appears to be a farce... haven't they done what they do with cars and make it mandatory to change the ownership over after purchase?

How is a potential buyer supposed to know if the horse/pony they are buying is legally owned by the person who is selling it if the passport isn't in their name?

Tinseltoes

Visit site
The more I read about the passport system the more it appears to be a farce... haven't they done what they do with cars and make it mandatory to change the ownership over after purchase?

How is a potential buyer supposed to know if the horse/pony they are buying is legally owned by the person who is selling it if the passport isn't in their name?

I know the woman who I bought him off. She got him off a friend of hers.
Passports are NOT proof of ownership.

SallyBatty

Visit site
I am in the process of changing the owner on a new horse with a Weatherby ID passport and all I had to do was fill out short form and send it back with the passport and a cheque. No proof of purchase from previous owner or receipt as proof of purchase required. Mind you, proof of purchase would not really have helped as the passport had not been updated by the person I got the horse from or the previous owner to that!

When I changed owner info on my other horse 6 years ago who has a Pet ID passport I had to include the signed receipt from the previous owner as proof of purchase.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I am in the process of changing the owner on a new horse with a Weatherby ID passport and all I had to do was fill out short form and send it back with the passport and a cheque. No proof of purchase from previous owner or receipt as proof of purchase required. Mind you, proof of purchase would not really have helped as the passport had not been updated by the person I got the horse from or the previous owner to that!

When I changed owner info on my other horse 6 years ago who has a Pet ID passport I had to include the signed receipt from the previous owner as proof of purchase.

I think it varies on the passport agency.On my other coloured horse whose been stolen now,it was easy to change him over to my name but CHAPS seems different.