Changing the condition of sale

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Got legal advice, they are in breach of contract, and the horse became mine as soon as they confirmed receipt of sale. So I was told to write them an email stating that they were in breach and see what happens.
Not sure what to do in meantime though.

I would hack off the yard and keep him somewhere else, even if you have to put him in temporary accommodation. Then send the email. I wouldn't email them while he is still on the yard, just in case some harm befalls the horse.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
So you have a receipt of sale?

In that case, happy days. You now have no relationship with them anyway, they have soured it and I doubt you will ever trust them again.

With a receipt of sale, I would feel happy to go out hacking and arrange to be picked up to be taken to your new yard.

For me, I would also like the solicitor's recommendations in writing.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I would just sort out transport and take your horse you have paid for her so she is yours you haven't signed anything to say you agree to keep her there. Passport is not proof of ownership anyway just apply for a replacement.

Luthianblue

Visit site
They've come back again saying they will scrap the contract but I have to pay an extra 500 for her.
If I wasn't emotionally attached I'd say bugger off, but I am, so I might just get this drama over with

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Got legal advice, they are in breach of contract, and the horse became mine as soon as they confirmed receipt of sale. So I was told to write them an email stating that they were in breach and see what happens.
Not sure what to do in meantime though.
They've come back again saying they will scrap the contract but I have to pay an extra 500 for her.
If I wasn't emotionally attached I'd say bugger off, but I am, so I might just get this drama over with

I don’t know anything about sales and purchase law but I would check with your legal advisor the legality of this price increase. If you have been told the horse is legally yours I suspect they cannot increase the price now.

I'm Dun

Visit site
honestly, just go and get the horse. If you think there will be drama, call the police and have it logged as a priority, that way if it kicks off they will come out and assist you and the horse off the yard. Dont mess about with emails etc. Get the horse out then you can go back and deal with the outstanding issues.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Go out for a hack, load the horse up discreetly and take it away. You paid, its yours. They can chase you through the courts if they want. They wont.

This is what I was going to say, pay the extra (if reasonable, you could spend the extra paying a solicitor to fight it) and don't bring anything extra down. Take horse or a hack one day and have a lorry waiting, text once you have left and say you aren't coming back. They may raise drama with your new yard though so I would mention it beforehand of course. They won't chase you for the pony as once the item is sold that contract is worth about as much as the paper it's written on.

ETA: I'd tell them to FO re: asking for an extra £500! If you bought a Hermes handbag and then Hermes emailed you two weeks later to ask for an extra few hundred, you wouldn't be hopping straight in the car to pay it. They are chancing their arm, and the fact that you know you are leally right, and they know they don't have a leg to stand on, hence dropping the conditions I would just take the horse and go.