Channel 4 8.30 tonight

Boxers

Visit site
REMINDER:

A programme called 'Horse Hoarders' about an elderly man who has amassed 52 mostly untamed horses on his land and is struggling to care for them.

luckyoldme

Visit site
thats one for me to watch!!!!!!! The old man is back to work and i have full control of the remote till friday!

LittleBlackMule

Visit site
Is this the one where the RSPCA waded in all guns blazing (any publicity is good publicity after all :rolleyes:), and the guy killed himself over it?
If so I'm not sure I want to watch..

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Am laughing along with that old bloke laughing at the RSPCA! Two hours for a dart to work is ridiculous though. I feel for people like him, he seems to care and is not asking for hand outs, the numbers just are out of control and a more tactful approach needed.

tankgirl1

Visit site
Am laughing along with that old bloke laughing at the RSPCA! Two hours for a dart to work is ridiculous though. I feel for people like him, he seems to care and is not asking for hand outs, the numbers just are out of control and a more tactful approach needed.

This ^^ And hopefully he will get/has got the help he needs as a result of this programme

Bigbenji

Visit site
I think this is going to upset me :(

So far a lonely old man who loves his horses. I see horses being fed, hay and yet to see any looking poor :confused:

Take it things have just got out of hand numbers wise. RSPCA jumping on a nice story again then. :rolleyes:

Poor man needs help for himself :(

guesstimation

Visit site
I can't believe how inept the RSPCA were loading that pony! They need some wild pony handling lessons! I've loaded many over the years together and separated from herd like that certainly never needed a dart gun just a good plan and prep!

tankgirl1

Visit site
I dont I think he is

He is overun and they could help him by gelding etc rather than just prosecuting...

Notice RSPCA useless he can do more than them in less time.

And they dont look 'emeciated' Ive seen worse horses that the RSCPA wont help with...

The horses don't look too bad tbh

Chestnutmare

Visit site
Seems the death of his daughter has lead him down the spiral that's got out of control the horses obviously need rehoming but he doesn't live very well either poor old man actually needs a hand again in life :(

guesstimation

Visit site
Agree laafet, surely helping and educating would be better long term, castrate so as not to keep adding to the problem and make it more manageable for him, if he would allow....