Chaps for the tall and no-so-slim-of-calf?

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
Any recommendations for chaps that come in wide calf sizes for tall riders? My calves are 17 1/2" (I ride, bike and run) but I'm finding that all the brands that do the large calf sizes are too short in height for me. I have a pair of custom boots as I needed the width and height and also wear Ariat Heritage Contour boots in the tall/wide calf (which are good) but sadly, Ariat don't do chaps in this size combo for some reason. I looked at Equitector chaps but the longest height they do in my calf size is still too short without spending £'s on their made to measure ones (even the men's ones too). Just want some chaps so I don't ruin my long boots which are supposed to be for showing and dressage only!!

View

Visit site
I know that you said Ariat don't do tall wide chaps, but their XL is 18 1/2 inches tall and 17 1/2 round. It would help if their sizing nomenclature was consistent across boots and chaps :)

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
I did look at the XL's but they only do regular and short height in them. If they are too short (esp after they drop with use) , the edges get caught under the saddle flap and give me sores . I use 60" stirrup leathers and have a 36" inseam and ride with a long leg so the longer the better with boots with me for comfort and so I don't look dappy, lol. I love my Ariat boots too, they fit really well and are narrow in the ankle but just need them to make blasted chaps in the tall/wide combo like they do with the boots. May email them and ask them :D

Shooting Star

Visit site
I'd second tuffa, their chap length measurements are from behind knee to top of heel not floor so you may find they're bigger than you think.

mudmonkey17

Visit site
Tredstep do a large range of sizes. I have just got some as struggle with getting the right sizes in other brands but found these to fit really well