Charity Shop Boots

Wildspirit

Visit site
Saw some worn but nice looking boots in a charity shop today, £7, they look like riding boots to me shiny upper some grip but not too extreme on the base and red top to them like a hunter top with a sort of crest stamped into them. Can't tell if they are just 'fake' boots for style (as my mum has given me some of these but have a big wooden heel so they are obviously not for riding, however these are quite flat). Have got a bit of a fleece lining but not something you normally see round my part. I think the name was 'weatherguard' or something on the bottom, nothing i recognised or found on google but being a student novice just wondered whether i should run back and get them tomorrow or whether they're a bad idea and are not safe to ride in.

Thankies
cool.gif

MJ x

brightmount

Visit site
No idea, but who cares if they're "fake" if they look in all respects like riding boots with nothing to catch in the stirrups. A lot of people ride in all sorts of footwear, trainers, wellies, country boots, and from what you're describing, the £7 bargains sound near to the real thing. Just tell everyone you paid £300!

Fransurrey

Visit site
If they look like riding boots and you think they are safe as riding boots, then buy them! My joddie boots were £2 on a car boot sale (didn't look worn) and I don't give a stuff that they aren't branded. I'll ride in anything that's safe, whether it's 'equestrian' or not. My most comfy boots are actually £15 'fashion' boots from Tesco - had them 2 years and they're still going strong, after a LOT of abuse, lol! My winter riding boots are from Decathlon and are snow boots.

Yep, I'm at the height of horsey fashion, me.
grin.gif