Charles owen hats...

schneeko

Visit site
I think it's time for me to get a skull cap as I'm riding babies again and hoping to event next year.

So... I'm not sure what to go for. I've been wearing a charles owen gr8 which I love the fit of. I'm definitely going to go and get fitted properly but does anyone know which skull caps (if any) fit the same as the gr8. Technically the yr8 also fits me well but it's very low at the back and just not as comfortable.

Shoei

Visit site
I love my j3. It's the 3rd I have had. 1st saved my life after I was catapulted headfirst into a concrete post and cracked hat, 2nd I dropped and didn't question getting the 3rd!

Shay

Visit site
Charles Owen have recently launched the 4Star. Its their first SNELL rated hat and the fit is very similar to the rest of the range. It is really comfortable - not as bulky as these can be and there is a cut away section of padding at the front to keep your head cool. If safety is your priority then SNELL is the highest rating available. Because we event and hunt it was something of a no brainer. (No pun intended!)

hibshobby

Visit site
As far as I'm aware, Charles Owen and Champion are equal in quality and standard but fit different head shapes - you're either a Charles Owen shape, or a Champion shape so to swap between the two may be dodgy without being fitted by a qualified hat fitter.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I have an Ayr8 I'm very fond of (but only wear for dressage / sj), and ProII for day to day (which I really need to replace). I wanted a 4star but they didn't fit me well. Your best bet would be to go to a decent stockist and try some on.

teapot

Visit site
The best thing about the Charles Owen hats is that some of them now come in two different shapes to aid fitting even more.