Dressage Charlotte sells Gio (Pumpkin)

SEL

Visit site
There's wealthy and then there's founding the Berkeley housing group wealthy ;)

Best of luck to her, just hope there's no pressue on her... Believe her sister has a decent ex Michi Jung horse, but has yet to be evented...

Oooh yes I've just googled! Looks like she had another top quality prospect bought at the beginning of the year so the family are obviously prepared to buy the right horses to get her to the top. I can't imagine the pressure when she starts competing though.

meleeka

Visit site
Oooh yes I've just googled! Looks like she had another top quality prospect bought at the beginning of the year so the family are obviously prepared to buy the right horses to get her to the top. I can't imagine the pressure when she starts competing though.

Of course owning Gio doesn’t guarantee her success. This reminds me of when Totilas was sold. The expectation for him to still perform the same with a different rider was so high and there were plenty of people who delighted in his failure. I’m not sure I’d want that sort of pressure on my child.

j1ffy

Visit site
Of course owning Gio doesn’t guarantee her success. This reminds me of when Totilas was sold. The expectation for him to still perform the same with a different rider was so high and there were plenty of people who delighted in his failure. I’m not sure I’d want that sort of pressure on my child.

At AP’s age they won’t be looking to replicate CDJ’s Olympic success. She’ll be aiming to learn more, do juniors and young riders

What a lovely chance for Pumpkin to continue his career at a slightly lower level - hopefully it will suit him and we get to follow their journey together.

As for CDJ, hopefully this sets her up for life and she can focus on owning / competing her own for many many years to come. Well done to her for what must have been a difficult, but sensible, life decision.

oldie48

Visit site
Well competing at the level that she does already is very pressurised . I just hope she has people around her to protect her from the naysayers. Nothing guarantees success but having resilience will get her through any bad patches. She's an up and coming young rider, how lucky she is to have the horsepower and she can ride but there will always be spiteful jealous people. It's the sad world we live in.

Velcrobum

Visit site
CDJ is one of the best riders in the world, if she were a footballer or tennis player she'd be mega rich and set up for life. I'm pleased for her. Riding is a high risk sport and injury to horse or rider is always a possibility. AP's father is the epitome of the self made man just such a shame he has died young and won't be able to follow her career. I hope she does well with Gio, seems like the ideal set up.

He was 72 so not that young. Having met him and had to deal with him, if he was the same with his daughter I feel very sorry for her. He was also pretty rude to his wife Sarah as well.

PippiPony

Chocolatier and Greyhound lover
Visit site
He was 72 so not that young. Having met him and had to deal with him, if he was the same with his daughter I feel very sorry for her. He was also pretty rude to his wife Sarah as well.
And his previous wife. Not a nice person at times. His answer to everything was to throw money at it.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I feel it is a bit unfair to speak ill of the dead, especially on this thread. I hope the young lady has a fabulous time and won't take it to heart when people are insulting her dead father and her mother. I would hate it to take the shine off what is probably the best day of her life. Whatever her parents were like, I bet she loved/loves them.