Dressage Charlotte sells Gio (Pumpkin)

teapot

Visit site
Given there are non Olympic medal winning horses for sale on Euro-Dressage for £300k, the price will be eye watering.

Caol Ila

Visit site
I just commented on the Tack Room thread. I'm really surprised. He's such a young GP horse and it looked like he could be tough to beat, after another year or two of development.

But what do I know about the world of elite dressage? The last horse I bought was a 10-year old green ex-feral Highland.

fetlock

Visit site
I am just wondering if her parents would like to adopt me :D

Just been Googling and her Dad passed away last year :( .

I'm shocked at the news and a bit saddened but will be very interesting to see how the new pairing gets on. That's some big boots to fill for a young girl though and a lot of pressure with many eyes on her.

If she does well with him - and hope she does- it'll be great for the sport. She's a very photogenic girl so will bring heaps of publicity, albeit some negative on the "it's a rich man's sport" front.

NinjaPony

Visit site
If that rumour is true then I’m not surprised she agreed to sell, given that she has other GP horses and will still train him. That said, I repeat what I said on the other thread which is that on a selfish personal level I’m gutted because I thought they were a fantastic partnership together and was looking forward to see them again!

fetlock

Visit site
Having moved on from the shock of the news, I'm now perusing the Pidgley pad via of Instagram.
Oh God the house. Ohhh GOD the indoor arena (if theirs) !! Both to die for, as is the tack room for that matter. I can see myself becoming a regular stalker of her Instagram, just to salivate over the set up there.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Having moved on from the shock of the news, I'm now perusing the Pidgley pad via of Instagram.
Oh God the house. Ohhh GOD the indoor arena (if theirs) !! Both to die for, as is the tack room for that matter. I can see myself becoming a regular stalker of her Instagram, just to salivate over the set up there.
Yes it is hers, her dad was very wealthy.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Just been Googling and her Dad passed away last year :( .

I'm shocked at the news and a bit saddened but will be very interesting to see how the new pairing gets on. That's some big boots to fill for a young girl though and a lot of pressure with many eyes on her.

If she does well with him - and hope she does- it'll be great for the sport. She's a very photogenic girl so will bring heaps of publicity, albeit some negative on the "it's a rich man's sport" front.

Gosh that's really sad, losing her Dad :(

Squeak

Visit site
Rumour has it that he was £5mio. Good for Charlotte! It's a business and she'll train the pair. Annabella's a very talented young rider; must have been difficult for her last year losing her Dad at such a young age.

£5mio?? Surely that can’t be mill?? but it can’t be 00k either?!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Totilas sold for £11 million but a lot of that money was wrapped up in breeding rights. I can see £5 million. Not sure why people get so shocked about this kind of stuff, it’s after all a business. Gio is a nice horse (understatement) but doesn’t have the reach in the extendeds, lacks a bit of charisma and look at me. They got lucky with the individual bronzes because others screwed up rather than dominating the medal and it being theirs. Florentina is still about, Imhotep looks very smart and MSJ horse. At least this way of selling was less ridiculous than the circus around Utopia.

jnb

Visit site
I think she is more likely to buy into Carl's yards tbh as he won't necessarily be riding the number of horses he does now, forever.

Equi

Visit site
Her newest 2yo is also very smart looking but very slender/flashy type. I personally prefer them with a bit of chunk but it is what it is.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I think she is more likely to buy into Carl's yards tbh as he won't necessarily be riding the number of horses he does now, forever.

Carl has very few horses on his yard that why I wonder if she might invest in a yard that they they run seamlessly .

oldie48

Visit site
CDJ is one of the best riders in the world, if she were a footballer or tennis player she'd be mega rich and set up for life. I'm pleased for her. Riding is a high risk sport and injury to horse or rider is always a possibility. AP's father is the epitome of the self made man just such a shame he has died young and won't be able to follow her career. I hope she does well with Gio, seems like the ideal set up.

teapot

Visit site
Yes it is hers, her dad was very wealthy.

There's wealthy and then there's founding the Berkeley housing group wealthy ;)

Best of luck to her, just hope there's no pressue on her... Believe her sister has a decent ex Michi Jung horse, but has yet to be evented...