Charlotte's headwear at Olympics

derynw

Visit site
So please to see someone at the top of her game wearing a hat with chin strap - just goes to show you can be elegant and safe at same time - well done Charlotte

Supertrooper

Visit site
If I remember rightly she fell off and injured herself and she's always said that she'll wear a hat since when training and of course now you can wear them in competition xx

ElphabaFae

Visit site
It was really good to see :)

Was it MT who commented during the dressage for the eventing, that he doesn't like seeing a helmet and tail coat? Idiot :rolleyes:

burtie

Visit site
You know what, I hadn't even noticed she was wearing a hard hat until I saw this thread, the performance was just so mesmerizing I hardly had any time to look at what was on her head! :)

Custard Cream

Visit site
I disagree with those that say it looked smart. I think those plastic hats look awful. You can wear a normal jockey skull with a velvet and look much smarter.

Note, I'm not against the wearing hats with straps, but those plastic jobs look awful and chavvy. They certainly look stupid with a tailcoat.

rambling

Visit site
All in favour of safety helmets but I do understand the comment its a bit like a man wearing brown or suede shoes with an evening suit.

hcm88

Visit site
I think a velvet would have looked smarter but nevertheless its nice to see her setting a good example for everyone else. I agree that top hats look a lot better and it is odd seeing a non-traditional look but I don't think its a negative thing at all. Everything needs to move into the 21st century and I think a lot of people are stuck in the past a bit! My worst (as in most damaging) falls have in fact been on the flat and I've evented to 2* so I do a fair bit of jumping!

Did I see a while ago a top hat that was invented with a strap that conformed to the safety standards? Why hasn't this been taken up? Although a top hat with strap will look a bit bizarre I think its a price worth paying.

derynw

Visit site
thought this would have a split camp - but having replaced my daughter's crash hat this year as her darling beast fell over on the flat (he managed to trip himself up) and gave her mild concussion, I think it is time we all realised that sitting on top of around 1/2 ton of independently thinking horse flesh can be a hazardous situation regardless of how well schooled they are. I look back at my own photos of myself riding in velvet cap with no strap at all and shudder.
Charlotte is giving out the right message to the many young riders out there who will hopefully be inspired to take up a wonderful sport.

jenbleep

Visit site

Was it MT who commented during the dressage for the eventing, that he doesn't like seeing a helmet and tail coat? Idiot :rolleyes:

No it wasn't MT leave him alone! It was Ian Stark - is he an idiot?

All the Mike Tucker bashing is getting more annoying then the man himself!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I usually prefer a velvet hat, but she looked great, as someone said, her test was so great that I barely noticed after the first glance. Good for her for knowing her own mind at a young age and not getting carried away by the opinions of those elder/around her.

And yes, it was Ian Stark wittering on about traditional hats and making himself look behind the times!

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
I noted briefly that she had a hard hat on then was blown away watching their dance.
Better to be an ugly mushroom than as someone said on a ventilator and having to learn to walk before riding.....

longdog

Visit site
I disagree with those that say it looked smart. I think those plastic hats look awful. You can wear a normal jockey skull with a velvet and look much smarter.

Note, I'm not against the wearing hats with straps, but those plastic jobs look awful and chavvy. They certainly look stupid with a tailcoat.

It wasn't a plastic hat, but the Charles Owen leather look AYR8 with pink trim. Super smart

sonicgold

Visit site

I wonder if he prefers seeing people with dips in their heads where their part of their skull should be, and attached to feeding pumps, tracheostomy equipment, and air-mattresses then? Stupid *.