Charlotte's wnning test at the European's - pure joy..

Four Seasons

Visit site
I can tell you that the Dutch aren't happy at all with Charlotte getting gold. But they will only ever believe Adelinde and Edward are the best and everyone else sucks and the judges were bribed.

Charlotte rode so well! Goosebumps when she did the pirouettes to the big ben... matched perfectly to the music!

lannerch

Visit site
The Dutch didn't even get silver! So how can they complain.
Did the Germans bribe them to? Lightness, and harmony correctly won the day .
Charlotte and blueberry were awesome , they just get better and better !

Lyle

Visit site
That was truly a joy to watch! I too got goosebumps during the pirouettes!

Such a lovely partnership.

Jesstickle

Visit site
I can tell you that the Dutch aren't happy at all with Charlotte getting gold. But they will only ever believe Adelinde and Edward are the best and everyone else sucks and the judges were bribed.

Charlotte rode so well! Goosebumps when she did the pirouettes to the big ben... matched perfectly to the music!

Adelinde's horse was BTV half the test. Why do they think she should have won?!

Jesstickle

Visit site
Yes I agree, although I did think they have softened and looked more in harmony than at the Olympics though. Perhaps the new harmonious style is filtering through. Hope so for the horses sake.

I'm definitely not passing judgment. It was a very smart test it really was. Just confused that people could see a horse BTV for half a test, clearly therefore not fulfilling the brief, and think it ought to win!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
agree with all said before, but also loved damon hills test, he will be mega!!!!!! charlote and valegro were amazing...
and i really enjoyed watching the whole thing on line....BUT was very disappointed that today bbc 2 seemed to have the music so very low. they made sure we could hear the commentary but i would rather that was quieter and the music was louder so we got the atmosphere. after all it is dressae to MUSIC!!!!!! perhaps we should all e mail the bbc and ask them why they had the music so low for the tv coverage but it was fine for on line...

bananaloaf

Visit site
And request that they turn the sound on Mike Tucker's microphone down... lol. It was so frustrating yesterday that his voice was drowning out the music! Announcing the name of the horse and rider (most often mispronounced) once the test is already underway. Then you think, oh right he's going to be quiet now and let us enjoy the music but NO! "RIDING FOR THE THE EUROPEAN DRESSAGE FREESTYLE CHAMPIONSHIPS", yep, we know that. Then spouting off complete and utter rubbish. Equestrian commentary is really bad, facts wrong most of the time, names mispronounced, it's just irritating!

JandP

Visit site
Well the Dutch would not be happy would they, as it just goes to show that true harmony and kind training techniques DO produce the best results, even if it takes longer. Will never tire of watching Charlotte and Valegro, just stunning.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
well the dutch judge had charlotte 1st so he must have been happy with her test!!!!!!!! parcival is a little better in parts of the test but still very tense and resistant in the mouth .....how on earth can the dutch not see that.?

Donnie Darco

Visit site

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
Pure joy. Loved it and it brought back happy happy memories of last year when I was there to watch the kit at the Olympics. It brings tears to my eyes to watch them dance together.

As for the commentary Mike Tucker annoys the what's its out of me. I'm away ATM without wifi
:-(
But I subscribed to FEI TV and on the iPad it's fab fab fab and the commentary was by Richard Davidson, so for the gp and special I felt like I learnt from his commentary. When he was asked a question by the other guy (don't know who) he'd say 'I'm just watching this half pass ATM hang on'!! Really good and I'm looking forward to watching the eventing next week.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Happy, light, expressive, in perfect balance, perfectly prepared: this is dressage, this is RIDING. Well done to Charlotte, Carl, and most of all Valegro.