Chatsworth Report - Spider + pic

sw123

Visit site
Well Chatsworth is our local event and my favourite so as I couldnt ride there this year to have our homebred Mill Law baby, Spider competing there was really quite special! Emilie had 3 dressage the day before on the Friday so we had a nice sunny afternoon of dressage and I took my new horse down to school her in the boards while Em rode Spider. They all stayed at our house so we had a yard full of horses and a house full of people - lots of fun! I think Spider thought he was the main man back at home with all his friends to stay, his stable certainly looked like he had had a party!

Em's other three were first thing and by 11am she had jumped 3/3 double clears and come 1st and 10th. Not a bad mornings work!

Spider did dressage just after lunch and was rather full of himself all day really. However, he settled just enough to do an ok test, not as good as usual but still good enough for a 30!!

Down to show jump and the atmosphere had really built up from the morning session, lots and lots of people and things going on which all added to the excitement for him and he was rather keen! However, went into the ring and concentrated well to jump a lovely clear round.

XC is his favourite and he was very pleased to march up to the collecting ring! The course was beautiful, tough enough with a skinny ditch skinny coffin all on a curve, and a good square oxer to a corner on a curving line but he made it feel easy. Just cruised around taking it all in his stride and coming in clear inside the time looking very pleased with himself.

It was announced he had finished second which just topped off was already a great day, got a lovely rosette and he gets a good sized cheque (for a change!) and along with Em's other owners we celebrated with Champagne and then pimms - great weekend!

Brigstock next weekend and then a break. Thats his 3rd novice and 3rd double clear we're now up to 12 points, clever boy!!!

Here he is

27948_781993962668_199704011_46859021_1883234_n.jpg

SamuelWhiskers

Visit site
Brilliant, well done, what a super ponio!! Another Mill Law Legend! How very exciting for the future!

PMSL at the 30 dressage (not as good as he can get) Blimey Charlie!

Very best of luck for Brigstock!

KatB

Visit site
He's definitely a force to be reckoned with isn't he?!! Fab photo too... impressive for a 6yr old :) Hows Millie? Is she back out eventing?

sw123

Visit site
The minx is back Kat - she came 2nd at her first OPN at Moreton Morrell and then went double clear again but was a complete minx in the dressage so only came 8th at Rodbaston! Picture below as she is beautiful (Spider's half sister). We also have a mini spider on its way in the next few weeks can't wait!!!

29077_779712883968_199704011_46764557_5960197_n.jpg

Rosiefan

Visit site
Woohoo - go Spider. You must be so excited about him and another one on the way too. Green with envy, moi? Well maybe just a bit :)