Cheap Tubtrug copies - just wanted to warn everyone, they're rubbish!

kerilli

Visit site
i inadvertently bought a few tubtrug-look-a-likes a month or two ago. whereas real tubtrugs last for years and years, these ones are more brittle rubber and the handles have broken already. not happy. just wanted to stop other people from making the same mistake - Tubtrugs are the ones to go for, and they have a spotty pattern on the handles, which the others don't. these were about the same price too.
mad.gif
mad.gif

miller

Visit site
B&Q ones are ace - they put up with my thug throwing them around the field and tipping the water out
grin.gif

We've got one 'real' tub trug' and one copy as water buckets in teh stables and both are at least 6 yr old and put up with me dragging them when full across the yard

Kerilli - where did you get your copies - must be a different make to mine

kerilli

Visit site
i got mine from the feed merchant's, i think... they have bands going along the handles, instead of spots, but no manufacturers name. the handles have ripped on two after only a month or two.
frown.gif
frown.gif

will give you a call about this weekend maybe?

Eaglestone

Visit site
I bought some 'copies' at Hickstead a couple of years ago and used a big one as a water container in the field .... well at the beginning of winter I grabbed the handle and it crumpled .... I just thought that I was unlucky
crazy.gif

Kenzo

Visit site
Mines ok and I used it for water and drag it into his stable everynight...maybe mines just a gud un!

...who knows!

appyjude

Visit site
My copies are mostly broken handles too - purchased from local feed merchant and 2 from ebay. All my original ones are fine apart from the one that was slept on and consequently split!!!

J

miller

Visit site
Kerilli - no probs, just give me a shout - how are they going?

Kitchen's done (there abouts) - you'll have to come and see! Just got bathroom to finish! Then hallway to decorate as the new wall is only half skimmed!
crazy.gif

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
I've got loads of copies and never had a problem with any of them, had some years, and they get dragged all around yard, some get used for poop picking etc Hope i havent just Jinxed them!!!
I've had them from garden centres, B & Q and also Tesco, my mum also got my some from another place that sells allsorts, shoes, skiing stuff, homewares etc.

IsabelleJ

Visit site
I read this thread and smugly thought 'it's a good thing I have the real ones!'

Then was carrying a trug full of water across the yard today when the handle broke
frown.gif
I checked, and sure enough, it was a copy.

So I went out and bought 3 of the real thing for the same amount as I paid for the copies!

Isabelle