Cheapest online prascend

mightymammoth

Visit site
Hi, does anyone buy prascend online and does it work out much cheaper? I've hust paid £696 for two boxes of 160 tablets. I have two retired horses in their mid twenties on one tablet a day,

Thanks.

Hollylee1989

Visit site
I get mine from evet online for 60 tablets I think its £65, I just get my vet to send the prescription to them my vet run evet anyway so it's fairly easy for me.
Hi, does anyone buy prascend online and does it work out much cheaper? I've hust paid £696 for two boxes of 160 tablets. I have two retired horses in their mid twenties on one tablet a day,

Thanks.

I've just looked on viovet, and a box of 160 tablets is £182.30.

meleeka

Visit site
I’m currently using eVet. It’s £172.80 for a box of 160. £696 for 2 is just 😱.

It’s always worth asking your vet if they price match. Mine do, but only if asked. I used to just send them a screenshot of the online price and they’d match it. The only reason I buy online now is to save me the trip to the vets to collect as they won’t post.

HelenBack

Visit site
I paid just under £200 for a box of 160 the other week. I have to pay at the time of ordering/ collecting them though. If I have it put on my account it would probably come out at about the same price as you have just paid. I wonder if your vets have done the same thing?

It's a disgraceful practice in my opinion and they do it for things like boxes of danilon too. Definitely worth asking about in case you can get it cheaper off them in the future.

meleeka

Visit site
I thought it seemed expensive! Thanks all I'm off to live on baked beans on toast for the month.
At least you know for next time. Ask if they price match and if not, can you have a written prescription (that’ll cost about £23). I really feel for people that aren’t internet savvy and struggle with the price of medication at the vets. Obviously they have to make money, but the mark up can be horrendous.

suestowford

Visit site
I have one on Prascend, and last time I had a box of 160 from the vet it was £432. So now I get a prescription for about £30 and buy from 365vet. I think the last box I had from them was £170.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’ve switched to pergoquin pergolide and it’s a lot cheaper. Comes in a box of 20 aswell for comparing!

Edited- comes in a box of 200 not 20!

Last edited:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Have you noticed any difference since you swapped? I have been considering swapping but the horse is 29yrs so not sure it is worth the risk.
Nope not at all. I switched two, one of whom is 30/31. It’s the same ingredient just a different brand name.
The tables look slightly different, still pink but round and they split into quarters instead of just in half. I have one on quarter and one on 3 quarters so that was useful!

Mahoganybay

Visit site
I’ve just bought 180 for £194.40 with free delivery from 365 Vet, works out at 1.08 per tablet. I paid my vet £18 for a prescription.

To compare prices, I asked my vet how much they charge per tablet and was told £2.22. 😳😳

TheBigPony

Visit site
Nope not at all. I switched two, one of whom is 30/31. It’s the same ingredient just a different brand name.
The tables look slightly different, still pink but round and they split into quarters instead of just in half. I have one on quarter and one on 3 quarters so that was useful!
Thank you, that is good to hear.