Cheapest place to get linseed/flax oil?

Kylara

Visit site
So pony came with some supplements one of which was flaxoil. American way of saying linseed oil I assume? Anyway getting to the bottom of the litre squeezy bottle and 2 things.

1. Cheapest place you guys have found for linseed/flaxoil?

2. Is there anyway of refilling these fancy squeeze bottles? They have the little tube up the side and you can measure out mls. Seems handy.

He has a very lovely shine on his coat so happy to keep going with it, but from a quick glance the global herbs one he came with is rather extortionate! I know I could make my own by grinding but I'm lazy and can't be bothered. Not to mention I don't have a grinder as I can't have caffeine!

Skewbaldbow

Visit site
You can usually find Linseed oil in most tack shops for not too expensive. It's usually £15 - £20 for 5L. Either that it is often cheaper to buy mirconised linseed which is far cheaper per kilo and I found had the same effect on keeping my boys coat shiny and healthy looking (great for his feet too I found. Only downside is I found he is a bit fussier about the taste of the micronised stuff and will pick around it if he's not in the mood. Never a problem getting the oil down him!

Can't help with the squeezy bottles as I hate them! I never quite figured out how to use them properly so spent more time faffing about trying to measure it out and in the end always gave up and just eyeballed!

Micropony

Visit site
Simple systems do little bags of micronised so you could try it without buying a huge massive sack. Not very cost effective to get it from there in the long term though.