Cheapest way of rubber matting?

Cliqmo

Visit site
As title, what is the best/cheapest way of getting my boys stable fitted with rubber matting? He has a mighty big straw bed at the moment so *could* feasibly get away with just a rubber mat in the doorway- does anyone else do this?

Magicmadge

Visit site
Yep, all mine have half rubber mats and a big straw bed at the back. I find it much cleaner as they wee and poo on the straw and the floor gets a chance to air and dry after mucking out. Wee gets trapped under the heavy mats and it gets very smelly. I take the front mats out once a month and they're not too bad underneath. Much more comfy for them i think yet i'm only using half the straw.

charlie55

Visit site
Yes cow matting is brill. Im getting some off a bloke for 12 pound a mat. 5ft 8 x 3ft 4. pm for number if interested.

Janette

Visit site
I use conveyor belting. It's nowhere near as thick as conventional matting, but it does insulate and allows the wee to run underneath. OH got it for me - FREE, but he says that there are firms that change belting out so perhaps they would be an option.

It's the stuff used in brickyards. Depends on what you want your matting to do. though. I do put a straw bed down on top, but mucking out is so easy