Cheating at The Pet Plan Winter Championships!!!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Would you not need a membership per profile? If they had two memberships then it would have to be fairly deliberate as you'd naturally query why you were paying double membership fees.

If it was a genuine error then I do feel really sorry for the rider as imagine they could be being given a hard time on social media etc and we all make mistakes, albeit this was a fairly large one!

Yes you would need two memberships. I have absolutely no knowledge of the facts (other than what is publicly available in the form of results for both BD and BE), but my speculation has brought me to the following conclusion.....

There were two competitors with the same name competing at the champs - one in PP, person XY1, and one in regionals, person XY2

Person XY1 had competed AM a decade or more ago and either 'forgot' she had competed at that level, or she remembered. If she remembered, then she either deliberately broke the rules, or she didn't understand the eligibility tables. There are circumstances where after a certain amount of time, you can discard previous results when working out eligibility, but this isn't one of them.

Person XY2 is nothing to do with this, other than having the misfortune to have the same name.

Again, I don't know any of this for certain, but this is the only way I can get my head around what happened, and there I think I will leave it! ;)

Squeak

Visit site
Yes you would need two memberships. I have absolutely no knowledge of the facts, but my speculation has brought me to the following conclusion.....

There were two competitors with the same name competing at the champs - one in PP, person XY1, and one in regionals, person XY2

Person XY1 had competed AM a decade or more ago and either 'forgot' she had competed at that level, or she remembered. If she remembered, then she either deliberately broke the rules, or she didn't understand the eligibility tables. There are circumstances where after a certain amount of time, you can discard previous results when working out eligibility, but this isn't one of them.

Person XY2 is nothing to do with this, other than having the misfortune to have the same name.

Again, I don't know any of this for certain, but this is the only way I can get my head around what happened, and there I think I will leave it! ;)

Ahh that makes sense if the other person with the same name is actually nothing to do with it and a completely different person. In which case it could be a genuine mistake as the rules can be confusing and you could have got married and moved to give the new name etc.

ihatework

Visit site
Well I would hope BD would have done their due diligence before publishing the disqualification 😜 And (on that assumption) as such it would seem rather suspect for an experienced BD competitor to enter under 2 different profiles (even if originally those profiles were generated legitimately).
By the time you are riding at that level you aren’t a greenie and do have some general understanding of the rules ….

Personally it smells dodgy enough for membership suspension to me.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Yes you would need two memberships. I have absolutely no knowledge of the facts (other than what is publicly available in the form of results for both BD and BE), but my speculation has brought me to the following conclusion.....

That was my assumption too. And the rest of it I can easily see being a mistake or being deliberate. I've certainly fallen foul of both forgetting competing a particular level and misreading eligibility rules (well I read the wrong year's rules because I googled rather than read the rule book and the googled version was a cached old copy of the table rather than current). I only affected myself though fortunately.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Well I would hope BD would have done their due diligence before publishing the disqualification 😜 And (on that assumption) as such it would seem rather suspect for an experienced BD competitor to enter under 2 different profiles (even if originally those profiles were generated legitimately).
By the time you are riding at that level you aren’t a greenie and do have some general understanding of the rules ….

Personally it smells dodgy enough for membership suspension to me.
I'm sure they did and the lower level competitor here that was disqualified has two profiles. But that still doesn't mean that the two profiles at this competition were the same person. In fact I think it's unlikely since BD have stated that the disqualified competitor had a different name on her other profile, so even with two profiles how would she be competing under the same name twice in one competition...?

Goodness it is confusing

DressageCob

Visit site
I don't think there is anything dodgy in this at all.

The elementary rider didn't have regard for her historic AM points and wasn't eligible for the class. BD didn't realise because her AM points are linked to another membership number, with her old name (maybe pre-marriage name) and old membership. Her old membership had lapsed and she started a new one rather than reanimate the old one. It happens, it's a shame for the person whose national place she took, a shame for the person who placed 4th who was robbed of a mounted price giving, a shame for the 2nd placed rider who didn't get to win on the day and a shame for the rider herself.

The AM rider is a completely different person who has the misfortune of having the same name as the person in the elementary.

There's no grand conspiracy. You'd have to be pretty stupid to think you can get away with being in the elementary bronze and AM and PSG silver at the same competition. I know the rules of eligibility can be confusing but that one is perfectly clear 😄

Cheating is an emotive word. I don't personally believe the rider was cheating. I bet she didn't realise her handful of AM points from a decade ago on a different horse affected her eligibility for elementary bronze. It happens. It's a shame it wasn't picked up at the original AF but at least it's sorted now.