Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

maya2008

Visit site
No mention of any record either. Just a nice sounding, but oldish/broken walking vet bill. Advertised for £7k
But why wouldn’t you get it right first? Our shetland is fit and well and in full work now her EMS is controlled. Management is a bit interesting but she’s just as able to do her job (teaching kids to ride) now as she was before. I doubt they’ll even find a loan home if it’s still not sound.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
But why wouldn’t you get it right first? Our shetland is fit and well and in full work now her EMS is controlled. Management is a bit interesting but she’s just as able to do her job (teaching kids to ride) now as she was before. I doubt they’ll even find a loan home if it’s still not sound.
They don't want to spend money I think and take the time it takes to fix them.

I have known alot of people in the past just completely loose interest and just can't be bothered once the horse has something go wrong.

Goldie's mum

Visit site
"The only reason he is being sold, is that we are on a livery yard and ride in an open ménage. Unfortunately, we don't have sole use of the premises so he gets distracted by outside influences and can get excited by things going on around in the fields while we are working. He is not nasty in any way but rears with excitement."

Goldie's mum

Visit site
He wasn’t cheap either!!
No but "his previous owner said that he has been driven in the past and I'm sure he would be an excellent doing this, though we haven't tried him ourselves" so that's ok.

And no one has fallen off when he does it, although they are refusing to get back on, hence the sale. Sounds like the kids have more sense than the adult here.

Last edited:

Melody Grey

Visit site
"The only reason he is being sold, is that we are on a livery yard and ride in an open ménage. Unfortunately, we don't have sole use of the premises so he gets distracted by outside influences and can get excited by things going on around in the fields while we are working. He is not nasty in any way but rears with excitement."
Bodes well for taking off the yard or out to a show then! 😝

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
So not on FB but is this cheeky? Friend's epic pony went up for sale. A family, viewed her and bought her subject to vetting. Then said 'we want to view again AFTER the vetting'. I have never heard of that!

Meanwhile phone was ringing off the hook and she had been being held for them, so they were told sorry no and she sold yesterday to a family who turned up with a box and took her there and then! Now that's my kind of viewer!!

JBM

Visit site
I’ve just seen someone post on a find my horse fb page looking for a horse “that was sold behind their back”
They loaned the horse for a few years and I’m not sure if I should say anything
Not sure it’s a good idea for them to find out who owns the horse now

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
I’ve just seen someone post on a find my horse fb page looking for a horse “that was sold behind their back”
They loaned the horse for a few years and I’m not sure if I should say anything
Not sure it’s a good idea for them to find out who owns the horse now
I think I saw that one too.

I have to agree, definitely none of their business, especially as they didn't own it.

I'd hazard a guess they were offered said horse to buy and refused.

Goldie's mum

Visit site
" I'm looking ideally for more than one sharer as looking for two of my horses to be put on share. 1 is a thoroughbred 15 year old around 16hh and cannot be ridden so would suit someone not fussed about riding. The other is a 15hh2 spanish cross welsh he is 4 years old and is still being backed currently. A small financial contribution is required for both horses. Ideal candidate Preferably an over 18 person and someone who can drive but not a necessity. Due to the age of my youngster an experienced individual is preferable. "

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Ugh! The riding school that like to post #failoftheweek on SM and occasionally pop up in my social feeds. Mainly very novice riders doing jumping they are not ready for, falling off. Lots of yanking and kicking, usually accompanied by captions blaming the horses in some way (you'd jump weird too if someone was hanging off your face). Someone commented fairly politely about why they allow riders who have not yet found their balance to jump (which I think is fair given the amount of 'fails' they post) and they jumped down the person's throat with a passive aggressive #bekind - they're not criticising the riders for being beginners they're questioning the instruction!

Eta - also lots of refusing/running out which is pants for learning to jump but I don't blame the horses they are probably peed off with it!

Last edited:

PaulineW

Visit site
" I'm looking ideally for more than one sharer as looking for two of my horses to be put on share. 1 is a thoroughbred 15 year old around 16hh and cannot be ridden so would suit someone not fussed about riding. The other is a 15hh2 spanish cross welsh he is 4 years old and is still being backed currently. A small financial contribution is required for both horses. Ideal candidate Preferably an over 18 person and someone who can drive but not a necessity. Due to the age of my youngster an experienced individual is preferable. "
I think I saw this one, and liked the comment by someone challenging them. Who is going to pay to fuss with her non ridden tb or train her youngster? She was not happy at the comments!

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I think I saw this one, and liked the comment by someone challenging them. Who is going to pay to fuss with her non ridden tb or train her youngster? She was not happy at the comments!
That's interesting! I was going to say I'd be curious to know what they envisaged the sharer of the non-ridden doing with the horse.

I'd actually be up for a non-ridden share as quite like the idea of some in-hand hacks/groundwork/showing, a bit of chilled horse time in my week, and maybe to practice the lunging and long lining I have started to learn. Probably not up for paying to do horse care though! Not unless I was getting some kind of stable management tuition in return.

PaulineW

Visit site
That's interesting! I was going to say I'd be curious to know what they envisaged the sharer of the non-ridden doing with the horse.

I'd actually be up for a non-ridden share as quite like the idea of some in-hand hacks/groundwork/showing, a bit of chilled horse time in my week, and maybe to practice the lunging and long lining I have started to learn. Probably not up for paying to do horse care though! Not unless I was getting some kind of stable management tuition in return.
I think chores were required too.

Mari

Visit site

Hey I’ve got 2 non ridden you’re welcome & play with & do all those things. No payment & no chores just come & enjoy being with my very well behaved horses.