Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

DD265

Visit site
Yesterday was one that made my jaw drop...

Someone claiming they practice 'vegan horsemanship' (wtf?!) complaining that they were hit by a car riding their 4 year old cob on a hack. A hack they went on without a bridle. Not even a headcollar! Words fail me.

They were also using an interestingly fitted leather saddle... how very very vegan...

Unsurprisingly there were a lot of people calling them a total idiot.

You've got it all wrong: her 4yo is very well trained because it only ran away a little bit.

EQUIDAE

Visit site

Someone claiming they practice 'vegan horsemanship' (wtf?!) complaining that they were hit by a car riding their 4 year old cob on a hack. A hack they went on without a bridle. Not even a headcollar! Words fail me.

They were also using an interestingly fitted leather saddle... how very very vegan...

Omg what page was that on? Barmy! And illegal...

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Oh God don't get me started on this again, I spent half of yesterday correcting people.

It is NOT illegal to take your horse on the road without a bridle, it is many things but it is not illegal in it's own right.
IF you had an accident it could be used as evidence against you with regards to assessing liability/prosecution but there is no offence of 'riding horse along highway without a bridle' It is a SHOULD in the highway code and not followed by any legislation.

It was on the persons own personal fb page, in summary she appeared to belong to a bunch of teens, having a laugh, cantering around bareback with cordobas as they do at that age on something that was supposedly 4 but likely coming 3 at a push in an ill fitting, amusingly leather, saddle and that even if you are a vegan horseperson booting your horse in the ribs is still fine while setting yourself up as some sort of amazing horse tamer. :D

she has youtube too if you can bare it ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-iPWimdDgQBbHsMeYgQTg

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk

I saw this one and commented, she has hidden her page now, and its all very well her saying its safe (or anyone for that matter).... but what happens should you come off and the horse ****** off, how is someone supposed to grab it and keep hold of it with no bridle,

I do wonder if she had any brain cells at all.... :-/

Pippity

Visit site
'For loan as pet or light hack'

The option to pay £35/pw and do all chores, every day, for a horse who you can brush (although she only likes one brush) and lead down the lane. There may be a small chance she could become sound enough to be hacked out in walk. And you couldn't even take her on as a companion because she can't be moved from her current yard.

Olderrider

Visit site
Me too - it's disgusting. If it's sound enough and you really can't keep an old horse or pony, then loan it out to a well-vetted home. Breeding bitches etc. chucked out when they've produced the number of litters allowed by the Kennel Club, is as low as you can get. Exploitation!

Last edited:

Ladyinred

Visit site
I promise this is NOT a troll post. It was found by a friend this morning but she has gone offline (probably in shock) and I am not sure where she found it:

I am looking for five people to share a Horse at Climping Beach no roads need to be used to get onto the beach. the field is big enough for four horses, I was thinking of buying a horse up to £2500 so £500 each, or getting a loan horse maybe for the first year whilst we trial it out the field cost £15 per week I think feed may be £10 a week insurance and shoeing £60 a week in total I expect it to be around £20 a week for each member,I know nothing about horses so would need at least one member to have some expertise with horse, may also conceder a rescue donkey to keep horse company this would cost a further £15 a week the field has one small stable and a shed to keep tack and food in, but might need a bit of renovation also a small amount of fencing work may need doing about 100 metres of it. I was thinking a cart horse type thing or a Cob but open to suggestions but do not want anything frisky more of a plodder was my idea.Any give me a call if you are interested and we can discuss ideas, as I said the field is good for 4 horses so maybe if you already have horses you could bring them hear and we could work out some sort of plan open to any ideas, would love to get a Giraffe also. But hard to come by I expect.

Chloeap

Visit site
I promise this is NOT a troll post. It was found by a friend this morning but she has gone offline (probably in shock) and I am not sure where she found it:

I am looking for five people to share a Horse at Climping Beach no roads need to be used to get onto the beach. the field is big enough for four horses, I was thinking of buying a horse up to £2500 so £500 each, or getting a loan horse maybe for the first year whilst we trial it out the field cost £15 per week I think feed may be £10 a week insurance and shoeing £60 a week in total I expect it to be around £20 a week for each member,I know nothing about horses so would need at least one member to have some expertise with horse, may also conceder a rescue donkey to keep horse company this would cost a further £15 a week the field has one small stable and a shed to keep tack and food in, but might need a bit of renovation also a small amount of fencing work may need doing about 100 metres of it. I was thinking a cart horse type thing or a Cob but open to suggestions but do not want anything frisky more of a plodder was my idea.Any give me a call if you are interested and we can discuss ideas, as I said the field is good for 4 horses so maybe if you already have horses you could bring them hear and we could work out some sort of plan open to any ideas, would love to get a Giraffe also. But hard to come by I expect.

This is too funny! I have just read quite a few of the posts on this thread and managed to keep a straight face but the giraffe comment had me in stitches! Brilliant.

Oh dear - 'I know nothing about horses so would need at least one member to have some expertise with horse'
I do not understand who these people are who post such things. How could you be so stupid!

joulsey

Visit site
Giggling my head off at the giraffe. I was like what the hell all the way through reading it and the giraffe bit just finished me off. Ha ha ha ha ha. "But hard to come by I expect".....REALLY?!

sychnant

Visit site
If she gets a giraffe there will be more than 100 metres of fencing to do... I believe they might need slightly higher fences than most horses, even a "cart horse type thing"... LOL

turnbuckle

Visit site

I think that's actually rather sweet and certainly honest if a bit dim. Giraffe sounds cool.

Visit site
One has just appeared on my timeliness along the lines of - wanted Shetland, must be ridden and suitable for 2 small yo do everything with. Must cope with a child with a disability. Max budget of £250.

Now I know people have this perception of shetlands being cheap but that's the young colts... The sort of pony she is looking for you would need to at least quadruple your budget to even come close!

But if you don't ask you don't get!

gmw

Visit site
As for the ones that want to give their horse/pony out on loan with view to buy! It's usually a youngster with issues. Also want to come ride the horse anytime, anywhere. In other word you have it for 3-12 months school it and have it going nicely and then thry will have it back schooled and sell it for zillions! Ain't life grand!

Last edited:

gmw

Visit site
I had to read this twice! Dear God I cant believe some of these posts!!!!!!!! Not sure whether to weep or laugh.

HiPo'sHuman

Visit site
I am looking for a free pony that comes with all accessories including tack, feed, rugs etc.. And preferably won't have to move stables.

Courtesy of Preloved, I s*@t you not.

Archiepoo

Visit site
i had one come up on my news feed . local girl wants a full loan to move closer to her but cant afford all the livery or shoes so the owner will need to pay and they should be grateful their horse is no longer stuck in a field

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
One just came up on my facebook in a Welsh Sect D forum from someone looking for a 15 to 16hh horse any breed 'but not a cob'. On a sect d forum??

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
I get that this is probably someone genuinely looking for a nicely bred well reared registered Fell but seriously have they ever heard of sentences. They've obviously heard of capslock though.

"WANTING A STOCKY ONE ALL BLACK FELL WITH NO WHITE MARKINGS OR A DAPPLE GREY FELL GELDING 13H2 TO 14H MUST BE SAFE TO RIDE IN ALL TRAFFIC NO VICES WHAT SO EVER GOOD WITH THE BLACKSMITH NOT STRONG TO HANDLE GOOD TO RIDE IN OPEN SPACES AND GOOD TO RIDE OUT ON IS OWN .DONT WANT ONE THAT REARS OR BUCKS JUST A NICE SHOW QUALITY LITTLE FELL THAT COMES FROM A HOME WHERE HES BEEN LOVED AND LOOKED AFTER AND HAS HAD THE BEST OF EVERYTHING MUST BE REG WITH FELL SOCIATY IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING PLEASE GET IN TOUCH."

HeresHoping

Visit site
I've just seen one that asks for recommendations for herb anti-inflammatories because her horse's leg gives way when she turns from a standstill. Doesn't want to go 'the chemical' route. Recommendations for a vet eschewed in favour of a thermal imaging appointment - next week. Am all for lentil knitting - it takes all sorts to make the world go round and someone has to do it - but really!! Am now sitting on my fingers.

Last edited: