Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Flicker

Visit site
Just saw one from a woman who bought a horse off a Facebook auction site, from an ad with no picture, didn't see any pics or videos. Thought she was buying a 14 yr old been there done that and has ended up with an emaciated 24 yr old with arthritis. She wants her money back. Poor horse and I honestly can't believe how stupid some people are!!!

I saw that too! That site is full of tales of woe of people buying unseen and unvetted and then coming to grief. Honestly, when will people learn?

exracehorse

Visit site
Just saw one from a woman who bought a horse off a Facebook auction site, from an ad with no picture, didn't see any pics or videos. Thought she was buying a 14 yr old been there done that and has ended up with an emaciated 24 yr old with arthritis. She wants her money back. Poor horse and I honestly can't believe how stupid some people are!!!
Saw that. Serves her right. How stupid

D66

Visit site
Looking for a horse 16hh+ preferably free to Good, loving home, however I do have a budget.
Horse must be able to jump and hack alone.
Must be within 5-12 years old.
Would prefer gelding, but would consider mares depending on temperament.
Not fussed on breeding, don't mind anything strong as long as it's controllable.
Please pm me for more information, thanks :)
If you have two of these can I have the other one please? - for free, of course.

horselady

Visit site
Someone near me has been trying to loan their seriously dangerous horse for months. The advert bears no relation to the reality whatsoever. The horse has had the owner in A&E several times and if it were mine would either be a field ornament or PTS. The horse sustained a mega injury a few months ago, which some of us thought would put paid to its ridden 'career', at least for the time being. But nope, today the ad popped back up on FB, with an optimistic 'bump' from the owner.
Thankfully, our community is small and most of us know what the horse is like. I feel it is extremely irresponsible though, to try to pass on a horse that is so dangerous. I have seen it almost go over backwards and blind bolt on a couple of occasions. Owner thinks it's funny :(

Seen a few of these when I looked for a horse. :( Awful to get peoples hopes up and then for them to find out the thing is falling to bits and has never seen a vet. Have heard that people passed off a really doped up horse as a "complete beginner" when the thing bucks if you put your foot in the stirrup normally!

Shadowdancing

Visit site
There's one going round our local fb pages now. Bay mare 14.2hh it's strong, nuts, rears and has bolted in traffic several times. Interesting the excuses that subsequent owners are coming up with for selling it!! **head-desk**

Flicker

Visit site
Seen a few of these when I looked for a horse. :( Awful to get peoples hopes up and then for them to find out the thing is falling to bits and has never seen a vet. Have heard that people passed off a really doped up horse as a "complete beginner" when the thing bucks if you put your foot in the stirrup normally!

It is shockingly dangerous. They would potentially be responsible for someone's serious injury or worse! Like selling a car with ropey brakes or suspension.

There is a dodgy dealers page on Facebook that'd make your hair stand on end. The things people do!

Beausmate

Visit site
Looking for a horse 16hh+ preferably free to Good, loving home, however I do have a budget.
Horse must be able to jump and hack alone.
Must be within 5-12 years old.
Would prefer gelding, but would consider mares depending on temperament.
Not fussed on breeding, don't mind anything strong as long as it's controllable.
Please pm me for more information, thanks :)
If you have two of these can I have the other one please? - for free, of course.

I've got one! He's retired now, but he could jump and would hack out alone, although it wasn't exactly a relaxing experience....

Shantara

Visit site
Just seen a very cheeky one!

Someone selling MY rug!
Ok, to be fair I left it at an old yard, but I left it on a pony that I wanted it to stay with and pony has since been PTS. Even so, it was a cute rug :\

lrw0250

Visit site
There's 2 older guys who live not too far away from me in Scotland who are "spiritualists". They have "rescued" 2 poor wee scraps from a well known place in Ireland and have set up a go fund me for their livery, rugs, vet bills etc. Since bringing them over they have moved them off two yards (once while one of them had strangles!) and now have them in a field with no support from what I can tell. Some gullible idiot has donated stables for them and they are now asking for stable helpers for their "horse rescue charity". When questioned re their charity status they delete and block and tell people the police will be to see them! Its clear they have not a f'ing clue and it is all going to end in tears. I just feel sorry for the horses.

only_me

Visit site
found a cracker.

"For Loan. 15.2h 3yo Mare. been out after getting broke and have brought in to be loaned out. nervous to get on but 100% quiet ride! Hacks alone/company has done cross country and jumped 80cm! Perfect winter project for someone. ready to be brought on.

contact needs to be singed.
if both mates go together I'll chip in for shoes etc "

So basically, they have a 3 year old that was broken in last year, turned away and now wants someone to come bring on and school her horse for free. And that they've jumped & gone xc with their 2 year old...

Although singing a contract would be fun, not sure how well it would hold up in court :p

Last edited:

only_me

Visit site
They hopefully meant that it was 3 last year, 4 this year but hasn't reached the actual day of its birth yet so still refer to it as 3?!?

I hope so, but on Facebook you never really know!

Plus it's in a Wilkie or a 3 ring, pics of both horses and don't know which is the 3yo :/

JustMe22

Visit site
I saw two ads recently for horses which just left me speechless

'This horse is a vrieshin x something else. he really is something else. Hes babys are mouse colour thats why we call her mouse. He only does a bokjump when you hurt him. He is loving and only try bite when his feed. Can arrange delivery on open trayler'

Another one said it's a great horse but 'does have some thing called lameness.'

Another one: "I'm new to riding and looking for a sponsor for a complete riding kit of breeches, tall boots, gloves, socks, shirt, a grooming kit. Inbox me'

Visit site
I hope so, but on Facebook you never really know!

Plus it's in a Wilkie or a 3 ring, pics of both horses and don't know which is the 3yo :/

There was an ad put up today asking for a 4" Wilkie - pony goes well in eggbutt snaffle but they want to fit in in the lead rein showing world so they want a wilkie.

And this is why I hate these bits with a passion!

WelshD

Visit site
There was an ad put up today asking for a 4" Wilkie - pony goes well in eggbutt snaffle but they want to fit in in the lead rein showing world so they want a wilkie.

And this is why I hate these bits with a passion!

Difficult to find a small pony not in a Wilkie these days isnt it? I am amazed by how much small pony showing goes in fashions, these days X brand saddle which were THE thing to have a couple of years back aren't as good as Y brand saddles apparently so lots of very new looking saddles last year, same with jacket makers etc, I just don't know how people keep up!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Someone on now asking for advice.

They bought a gelding from a reputable dealer. Today they found out it has a willy. What can they do about this disaster?

Surely not ,are people really so unprepared .
Tell them to return it at once hopefully it will get a better owner next time l

Annagain

Visit site
I saw a good one last night - a 4 year old that's been broken and turned away for 6 months needs a confident rider to bring it on - which owner isn't up to doing. Only available for a 1 yr loan and you can only have her if you also take her 2yr old unhandled colt (with whom the mare shares a field)....and pay all costs for both..... Errr no thanks.

Mystical

New User
Visit site
Saw a really cheeky one a few days ago while I was pony shopping:

"WANTED- Gelding To Loving Home

Hi I haven't ridden in 10 years and I am looking for a grey cob gelding 15-16hh, he must be able to be handled by a 3 year old and also be 100% bombproof. He must be showing material and be able to jump 1.10 meters for when my 13 year old daughter wants to compete in the summer. Also he needs to come with a full tack set and stable set (Like wheelbarrow poo fork etc) as I haven't bought anything for him yet and would need to be delivered as I dont have a trailer yet either. I am willing to pay quite a lot for him, I was thinking upto 200 pounds but maybe 250 if he comes with lots of saddles and bridles looking to buy in 1-2 days the old owner must also be able to come down a few days a week to ride and muck him out NO time wasters "

I was really tempted to message her with something like "I have a lovely horse he lives in dream land with unicorns and pixies" but I thought that would seem a bit rude so I'm leaving her to figure it out on her own but the ad has been out for over a month now so someone needs to tell her at some point...