Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Oops , I pay for my boys sheath to be cleaned . She works in one of the local horsey vets as a nurse and has a few horses of her own . He's not naughty but on the off chance, safer for me to pay someone to do the job . She's known locally as the willy washer , something my non horsey friends find hilarious .

I use one called sheath relief :) I've only ever managed to flick a few flakes off the outside the amount that came out last time was money well spent.

Fjord

Visit site
Just seen this, most of the comments were along the lines of 'you don't want much, do you?'

After a shed no smaller than 8 by 6 bigger is better.. cheap as poss not fussed if old as long as can still be secured etc no holes as will be kept at my horse feild.. delivery required as well as i dont drive a car if cheap i Can pay for collection though.. delivery near wansford .. cant pay for shed till end of month when get paid so need to hold till then also if delivered and can build for me would be great help.. needs to be dismanttled ready collection if cant deliver.
Thanks in advance

Denbob

Visit site
I'm fairly new to this but just spotted one along the lines of;

"Incredibly strong 16.3 youngster for full loan as Summer project, i'm too small for him and really struggling! Very experienced home only as he is absolutely not a novice ride and will test you! He's 5 so you need a very firm hand!"

Does that not just sound like someone who is looking for her horse to be schooled for a Summer so she can have it back with some manners? Or maybe I'm being cynical

Denbob

Visit site

"Incredibly strong 16.3 youngster for full loan as Summer project, i'm too small for him and really struggling! Very experienced home only as he is absolutely not a novice ride and will test you! He's 5 so you need a very firm hand!"

Does that not just sound like someone who is looking for her horse to be schooled for a Summer so she can have it back with some manners? Or maybe I'm being cynical

wingedhorse

Visit site

If I was a competent horseless teenager with access to summer grass livery, it could be a win-win situation.

dominobrown

Visit site
Depends what they mean by "testing you". If its downright dangerous I wouldn't have the nerve to ask a teenqger (or anyone else who is not a paid professional) to a potentially life threatening risk.

holeymoley

Visit site
'Looking for a 13hh-14hh full loan horse with a lot of experience so novices can ride and can move yards and is a decent age thanks'

Hmm basically just something that's been there and done it but not too old but able to be run into the ground and handed back once it's broken... no, just me?

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Saw a very smart looking hunter being advertised for £10,000... possibly a bit steep but it wouldn't be far off that. Looked like it knew it's job well from the pictures. For sale as owner giving up hunting or something similar.

Someone had commented along the lines of "since you are giving up you and are not needing him, I'll give you £1000 and he'll have a hunting home" :lol: Erm... chancer much?

RaposadeGengibre

Visit site
Saw a very smart looking hunter being advertised for £10,000... possibly a bit steep but it wouldn't be far off that. Looked like it knew it's job well from the pictures. For sale as owner giving up hunting or something similar.

Someone had commented along the lines of "since you are giving up you and are not needing him, I'll give you £1000 and he'll have a hunting home" :lol: Erm... chancer much?

Not horse related.
OH has seen on one of the FB fishing groups. Someone was sorting late fathers fishing stuff and asked how much a couple of arty farty bits could cost. That bits brand new cost up to £800 and second hand still can fetch up to 400. First reply: "oh, they are pretty worthless, probably about 20 quid..."

Flicker

Visit site
OMFG! ‘Has anyone got a horse I can ride? I can’t commit to anything, but I really miss riding’
Someone posts a link to local riding establishments and the reply is ‘But they are so expensive, I’d much rather help someone out with there [sic] horse’

Of course, those dastardly riding establishments, with their well schooled horses, and insurance, and feed and hay, and staff, and, and, and... how dare they try to make a living. When I can let someone else carry all that cost with [there] own horse, for me to just turn up and ride, when I feel like it, for free.

Deep breaths...

Dave's Mam

Visit site
OMFG! ‘Has anyone got a horse I can ride? I can’t commit to anything, but I really miss riding’
Someone posts a link to local riding establishments and the reply is ‘But they are so expensive, I’d much rather help someone out with there [sic] horse’

Of course, those dastardly riding establishments, with their well schooled horses, and insurance, and feed and hay, and staff, and, and, and... how dare they try to make a living. When I can let someone else carry all that cost with [there] own horse, for me to just turn up and ride, when I feel like it, for free.

Deep breaths...

Have some wine. You'll be ok in a moment.

only_me

Visit site
Just seen an add looking for a field to rent/share for their pony.
They live in a town but want somewhere close to them, must within 30mins walk. They are happy to share & pay £20 week. Or could rent entire field for max £500 a year. And has to happen in next 3 weeks...
someone suggested grass livery but that’s too expensive...

Did I mention they live in a really posh area where grazing land would be hard to come by anyway?

Sheep

Visit site
Just seen an add looking for a field to rent/share for their pony.
They live in a town but want somewhere close to them, must within 30mins walk. They are happy to share & pay £20 week. Or could rent entire field for max £500 a year. And has to happen in next 3 weeks...
someone suggested grass livery but that’s too expensive...

Did I mention they live in a really posh area where grazing land would be hard to come by anyway?

Lol I saw that- the handwritten one?! Bonkers!

dibbin

Visit site
Our local page seems to be awash at the moment with people posting at about 7pm looking for transport the next morning! And it seems to vary between going to the beach for a couple of hours and going out for the entire day ...

windand rain

Visit site
someonewas asking for professional to break in a pony when given several names announced they didnt want to pay anything. you would wonder what they are on

honetpot

Visit site
Just seen this,
'no I don't have any idea about breeding as I've never done it before ... my mare is a maiden mare so she hasn't done it either but my mare is a stunner and id like her to have a chance in life in being a mum to a foal and for my experience too ... my mare isn't just a horse she's my baby and I wouldn't do it if i didn't think she wasn't capable ... so unless you've got anything nice to say don't comment'

Argh. She had teased her mare with two stallions, and doesn't seen to be in season.

Flicker

Visit site
Just seen this,
'no I don't have any idea about breeding as I've never done it before ... my mare is a maiden mare so she hasn't done it either but my mare is a stunner and id like her to have a chance in life in being a mum to a foal and for my experience too ... my mare isn't just a horse she's my baby and I wouldn't do it if i didn't think she wasn't capable ... so unless you've got anything nice to say don't comment'

Argh. She had teased her mare with two stallions, and doesn't seen to be in season.

JFC...

dominobrown

Visit site
Our local page seems to be awash at the moment with people posting at about 7pm looking for transport the next morning! And it seems to vary between going to the beach for a couple of hours and going out for the entire day ...

At least for some reason you dont get direct pms... at 10pm asking to transport their horse the next day when you dont run a transport company, and never have, and when you politely say no get a barrage of abuse. Must of been an enemy that told them I do horse transport?!

Surpised I havent seen this on here...
Rising 2 year old, broken ride and drive, needs plenty of strong riding to get it going. Just clipped and shod with good heavy shoes that will last a while.....