Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

tiahatti

Visit site
Hiya 🤗. I know this is a big ask but I don’t suppose anybody has a pair of muckers size 7 that they don’t use anymore. If possible, could they be loaned for a week or 2. They would be returned if they are needed back afterwards. Many thanks in advance. I really need some by Wednesday because I have a working interview at a livery and showjumping yard. PM me if you would be able to help me. Thank you again. Faye
Borrow some muckers! This person can't spend much time working around horses at the moment then if she doesn't own any appropriate footwear. Wonder if she got the job.

Widgeon

Visit site
One tonight that really touches a nerve -

Such and such 9hh miniature Shetland would make a great Christmas present...

So they’d probably sell the poor wee thing to some randomers to keep in their back garden :(

There is a house round the corner from us - new build semi, postage stamp garden that comes as standard with all new houses now - that had a little chestnut Shetland tethered in the front garden for several months a few years ago. This is in a suburban area so definitely no grazing behind the house or anything like that, presumably they put it in the garage at night. Then one day it wasn't there anymore. I often wonder what happened to it and what on earth possessed them in the first place. I would never have believed people really are that daft if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes

Annagain

Visit site
Hiya 🤗. I know this is a big ask but I don’t suppose anybody has a pair of muckers size 7 that they don’t use anymore. If possible, could they be loaned for a week or 2. They would be returned if they are needed back afterwards. Many thanks in advance. I really need some by Wednesday because I have a working interview at a livery and showjumping yard. PM me if you would be able to help me. Thank you again. Faye

I find this quite sad. Maybe she's young, hasn't got much money, has muddled through so far and just wants to look the part for an interview. I hope she found someone to help her and she got the job!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site

If I saw that and it was local I would give her an old pair of leather Ariats. Hope she gets the job. Which area/group is it?
There seem to be plenty of people offering...

emilylou

Visit site
has anyone please please please got a pony i can borrow for sunday 16th to take on a fun ride in the cotswolds with, i will take care of them and they will be so so safe, please message me or comment if you do☹️would mean alot💙🐎x

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Well the textbooks do show good and bed examples...

Not sure what sort of textbooks you read... :eek::oops:;)

About the horse though, I personally don't like rubbishing horses in adverts. The owners haven't asked for online critique. I agree with Casey, the photo is not at a good angle for a confo shot, and the horse looks sweet enough in the other shots.

Visit site
No angle is going to fix this...

No but it's not a show pony. So long as it does a decent job of what it's being asked to do you can't ask for much more.

I've seen plenty of top class racehorse turned breeding stock that have awful conformation but they were good at what they did. They did their job. The progeny are now doing the job successfully so the cycle will continue.

SpringArising

Visit site
No but it's not a show pony. So long as it does a decent job of what it's being asked to do you can't ask for much more

I'm not debating whether it can do a job, my point is that it's quite obviously not textbook, or anywhere close to that...

To suggest he is is misleading, and confusing to anyone less experienced. Thank God it's not a mare and can't be bred from by someone easily swayed by a 'professional's' opinion!

conniegirl

Visit site
No but it's not a show pony. So long as it does a decent job of what it's being asked to do you can't ask for much more.

I've seen plenty of top class racehorse turned breeding stock that have awful conformation but they were good at what they did. They did their job. The progeny are now doing the job successfully so the cycle will continue.
Yes but those havnt been advertised as having “text book conformation”

Denbob

Visit site
Has anyone seen the one on Chit Chat of a clearly very uncomfortable horse kicking and pawing, owner saying "he has been doing this constantly for 4/5 days any ideas"

Erm, a vet? :rolleyes: