Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
:eek: I really hope no one takes her up on her offer of work. At 14 it is a worry though that there isn't an adult keeping her safe, we all know horses can be predictable but riding without a hat or tack and thinking pictures of rearing make her look like a good rider is worrying.
Don't worry, her mum has 'liked' the post so I'm sure it's fine. :oops:
Her mum is the one in a previous comment on here who crowd funded to pay for transport to shows because she doesn't have the spare cash while building a new business.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Don't worry, her mum has 'liked' the post so I'm sure it's fine. :oops:
Her mum is the one in a previous comment on here who crowd funded to pay for transport to shows because she doesn't have the spare cash while building a new business.
Did it work? Asking for a friend.......?

emilylou

Visit site
Also
Probably been mentioned before but lots of people seem to be 'putting the feelers out...' at the moment. What are the feelers and why are they being put out when they sound like something one should keep to themselves?! I know roughly what is meant by it, I just find it a bit of a weird phrase!

These adverts make me stop reading/ignore. In my opinion you are either looking for something or not. They always sound like a huge timewasters to me!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Also

These adverts make me stop reading/ignore. In my opinion you are either looking for something or not. They always sound like a huge timewasters to me!

I stop reading too.
I can’t get past the image of a great tentacled monster greeting me ready to show off a horse.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
There was a post about wormer in horse poo being dangerous for dogs on a dog page im on. One poster seems to think the fault lies with horse owners allowing their horses to poo all over paths. I’ve commented asking how she thinks we can safely get off and pick it up out of genuine interest and her reply was big poo bags or at least get off and shovel to the side. I never knew people could be so offended by digested grass.

meleeka

Visit site
There was a post about wormer in horse poo being dangerous for dogs on a dog page im on. One poster seems to think the fault lies with horse owners allowing their horses to poo all over paths. I’ve commented asking how she thinks we can safely get off and pick it up out of genuine interest and her reply was big poo bags or at least get off and shovel to the side. I never knew people could be so offended by digested grass.
That’s a regular moan on our local pages. Apparently horse riders are ‘entitled’ because we don’t pick our horse poo up. ?

scats

Visit site
With regards the horse poo thing. I kind of can see it from the other side. If you aren’t horsey, have no real thoughts about the content of horse poo, it might seem rather unfair that dog walkers have to pick up after their dogs, but riders don’t. In reality, what most people object to is the mess on their shoes, pram wheels etc or indeed the overall look of it on a path, rather than whether there is something harmful in it. Riders are generally not viewed in a very favourable light, so the whole poo thing does nothing to help our cause.
I think the argument that we can’t get off our horses to pick it up, however true, could potentially disgruntle a non-equestrian. I never use that argument if I’m having a discussion about horse poo- if it’s said on any local FB groups, its like a red rag to a bull!

By my house there is a footpath and it’s often covered in horse poo. I can see why riders use it, to avoid the adjoining lane with dreadful blind bend that people fly round, but I think if my horses pood on that path, I would probably return with my car later to shovel it up or at least move it into the undergrowth.

Caol Ila

Visit site
Saw an advert from someone in the Highlands offering people the opportunity to lead (lead! not ride!) Clydesdales for 30-40 minutes along a flat, singletrack road. You get to groom it too and do some barn chores! For £70. Bargain! It's taking a great deal of willpower to not write a snarky comment on the Facebook ad suggesting that most horse people are missing trick, given they do this themselves or, you know, pay people to do it rather than get paid.

Last edited:

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Saw this today..

Looking for 3 horses that are free to a good home for me and my two friends, they will be forever loved and well looked after. Willing to pay a small fee for the tack and any rugs and halters they may have.

We’re looking for these particular things in the horses.

1) well broken in
2) suitable for a nervous/rusty rider
3) between 6-15 years
4) up to 17.5hh

And importantly up to date with vetting, dentist, passported farriery.

A small fee for tack and rugs..how generous...

Visit site
Everyone is looking for free shetland ponies just now that must be ridden, must be good with kids, registered, show quality, come with all kit etc.

Just because it is a Shetland doesn't mean it's worthless!

Between people messaging me about ridden shetlands and the works page about retired racers I am on the verge of abandoning social media all together and letting nature take it's course ...

dorsetladette

Visit site
Saw an advert from someone in the Highlands offering people the opportunity to lead (lead! not ride!) Clydesdales for 30-40 minutes along a flat, singletrack road. You get to groom it too and do some barn chores! For £70. Bargain! It's taking a great deal of willpower to not write a snarky comment on the Facebook ad suggesting that most horse people are missing trick, given they do this themselves or, you know, pay people to do it rather than get paid.

There was one round here looking for someone to walk there asthmatic pony out for walks for between 2 and 3 hours twice a week. You would be expected to do yard duties on your days an a contribution to his keep

Griffin

Visit site
**Private Rehoming appeal**
Pablo and Molly.

Pablo is 29 years and Molly is 20 and they will be rehomed together as they have been together for a long time and are very attached.

All enquiries should contact the owner .

I find this post extremely sad why would you rehome horses that old.

I find it so sad too. How could you do that to them?

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Not ads but responses to ads. E.g. 'horse to part loan/share in/near X, must stay at current yard.' Almost every time first questions is 'where are you based?' or 'would you consider move to [usually somewhere really far away which would make a part loan/share impossible for the owner]?'

Also comments on share wanted ads - someone will have written a nice ad about themselves and what they are looking for, and someone else (usually kids I think) will comment 'F' to follow so that they can jump on any responses that person might get. And people (again often kids) commenting on ads literally two years old asking if still available - used to annoy me when I was looking for a share as I'd get all excited that there was a new ad, just to realise it was very out of date! Desperate times desperate measures I suppose, just makes me even more grateful for the share I was able to find (or rather found me!)

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Saw bingo win wanted post the other day:

Stated with the frustrated sounding shout of: STILL LOOKING which always makes me think the buyer is a massive time-waster. Even if true and reasonable, it just sounds like you are impossible to please. Pleasant tone continued with: DON'T hijack this post if you want similar - start your own post. As if people who reply with a suggestion are HER sellers so she he has first dibs and those sellers can't let others know about their ponies. Then the comments on being sick of time-wasters and 'greedy' sellers. Aka 'I would not pay the asking prices'. And - of course- finishing with 'no silly prices' but with an extra passive-agrressive flourish of 'don't think you can see me coming'.

Hmmm wonder why she's still looking?!

Think I'll scroll on by.....

cindars

Visit site
Not ads but responses to ads. E.g. 'horse to part loan/share in/near X, must stay at current yard.' Almost every time first questions is 'where are you based?' or 'would you consider move to [usually somewhere really far away which would make a part loan/share impossible for the owner]?'

Also comments on share wanted ads - someone will have written a nice ad about themselves and what they are looking for, and someone else (usually kids I think) will comment 'F' to follow so that they can jump on any responses that person might get. And people (again often kids) commenting on ads literally two years old asking if still available - used to annoy me when I was looking for a share as I'd get all excited that there was a new ad, just to realise it was very out of date! Desperate times desperate measures I suppose, just makes me even more grateful for the share I was able to find (or rather found me!)
Is that what F means? Often wondered thank you.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Yes F means follow. If you reply with anything (such as F) then you will see the replies to the thread. But also some people just reply to replies saying can you also pm me the details. Clearly it winds some people up! Can't think why though. If someone is selling a pony and takes the time to reply and others see the reply are are also interested then good luck to them. Sellers don't owe posters anything.

If I was a seller and replied to a wanted ad and the OP got stroppy about others asking for detalis then I'd avoid the OP not the other people replying! Dont need to deal with people who get arsey. Selling is stressful enough as it is. But I guess people see it differently. Selling etiquette seems to be a minefield!!