Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Visit site
Wanted livery, needs to fulfill this criteria
?️2 stables (mare & Gelding 15.2)
?️Arena (good if indoor but would be happy with floodlit outdoor) with jumps
?️Summer Grazing 24/7 & day turnout winter
?️Hacking - off road
?️Straw & hay included
?️Child friendly
?️No opening/closing restrictions
?️Dog friendly
?️Able to hang/attached things in stables
?️Secure Storage preferably sole use storage
?️For 35/40 per week(Able to pay monthly)
?️Running water & Electricity
?️Location DH6 area within 10 minutes travel
?️Depending on location/cost may consider yards that you have to buy own bedding but must allow straw

It costs me more than that a week to keep mine at home! And I don't have any form of school!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
?️Hacking - off road
?️Straw & hay included
?️Child friendly
?️Dog friendly
?️Depending on location/cost may consider yards that you have to buy own bedding but must allow straw

It costs me more than that a week to keep mine at home! And I don't have any form of school!

Just saw that one.

JBM

Visit site
?️Hacking - off road
?️Straw & hay included
?️Child friendly
?️Dog friendly

Hay and straw excluded maybe

J&S

Visit site
I am not a facebook user but every now and then I am tempted, just to see whats going on. However, adverts like these are enough to put me back on the straight and narrow! How can you not give these people a piece of your mind????!!!!

JBM

Visit site
I am not a facebook user but every now and then I am tempted, just to see whats going on. However, adverts like these are enough to put me back on the straight and narrow! How can you not give these people a piece of your mind????!!!!
Because they never give and it just upsets yourself ?
Once spent way to much time of my life trying to explain to someone that untrained didn’t mean that they were never ridden just they were never trained for racing..repeatedly told me the horse was clearly trained as they have evented ????‍♀️

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Not horse related and maybe discussed before but:

- the huge amount of ‘commenting turned off’ spam posts showing a lost dog, a missing older person or a child that didn’t get to school.

- job adverts where the poster lists working hours, hourly rates (one even gave a paid day off for birthdays), detailed job description and then say self employed…. Or do they just mean that they are not prepared to pay holiday, employers NI and avoid employment rights?

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Full loan ads that read like a list of demands (MUST be perfect!) and don't say a thing about the rider or what they can offer the horse. If someone were essentially giving their horse to my care to enjoy for free, I would want to sell myself and the horse's potential new home a bit!

Also seen someone looking for 'part loan to move yards' recently - do they mean a share to move yards? Is this a thing?

AntiPuck

Visit site
I'm seeing a lot of full loans of unbroken or out-of-work horses being offered at the moment, asking for them to be broken or brought back into work. There surely can't be many people out there willing to do that without pay, and to probably have the horse taken off of them again in the summer. Seems soooo cheeky.

Snowfilly

Visit site
I'm seeing a lot of full loans of unbroken or out-of-work horses being offered at the moment, asking for them to be broken or brought back into work. There surely can't be many people out there willing to do that without pay, and to probably have the horse taken off of them again in the summer. Seems soooo cheeky.

Eh to be fair, I’d do that if I was in a position to. I really really enjoy breaking babies and if I had a gap between horses or had a lame one, I’d take a breaker for a few months. There’s nothing like that first wobbly walk, or the first time you get a canter when you ask.

Too much hassle to do it for work but it makes a nice hobby.

No bringing back into work though, that way lies getting splattered by something that’s actually got a bad back they didn’t bother to mention.

As it stands now, I’ve got no facilities and no time but I could have done it a few years back and had a lot of fun.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
- job adverts where the poster lists working hours, hourly rates (one even gave a paid day off for birthdays), detailed job description and then say self employed…. Or do they just mean that they are not prepared to pay holiday, employers NI and avoid employment rights?
Saw one of these yesterday and when a commenter mentioned employment law the poster got uppity saying it was a private yard not a business.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
So they want to only pay for part of the keep of the horse but the owner to move it to the yard the part loaner wants to be at? Bizarre

That was my assumption. Strange one!

Also seen 'happy to contribute to travel costs' for a full loan to move yards. I have never full loaned but would assume if I wanted to move the horse to my preferred yard that would be my cost not the owner. Without the initial cost of buying a horse I would be pretty pleased if all it was costing to start up was the cost of travelling.

AntiPuck

Visit site
Eh to be fair, I’d do that if I was in a position to. I really really enjoy breaking babies and if I had a gap between horses or had a lame one, I’d take a breaker for a few months. There’s nothing like that first wobbly walk, or the first time you get a canter when you ask.

Too much hassle to do it for work but it makes a nice hobby.

No bringing back into work though, that way lies getting splattered by something that’s actually got a bad back they didn’t bother to mention.

As it stands now, I’ve got no facilities and no time but I could have done it a few years back and had a lot of fun.

Fair enough! But as said, there can't be many like you. I'm curious as to whether they get any replies or not.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
For sale

23yo horse, not pony size mare that sometimes bites and kicks
Has sweet itch
Needs confident rider to hack alone

doesn’t want to be passed around but can no longer keep her.

i feel there will be many more posts of people selling off oldies. It’s not like she’s particularly easy to keep or a schoolmaster sort. Sad.

I find this so sad, I have seen so many oldies and to be honest I would rather PTS mine than send her to an unknown future if I was unable to keep her.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site

I agree with this. When I bought Rigs, he was just finishing 3 months of box rest. I asked to see him mounted and walk under saddle. They complied because he is a sane and trained animal.

Today BH was on a break, been off 11 weeks as he has his shoes pulled so he can mature on. But, I fancied a ride, so I saddled up and had a wobble round at walk. I believed it would be OK, as he is trained and sane...

I've had a couple that I would prefer to lunge the day before, but nothing that couldn't show itself at walk under saddle after that.

I am always a bit suspicious if a horse can't be saddled and mounted, to wobble a circle in walk, when the owner claims they are 100% everything, a paragon of soundness and virtue, and just need 'bringing back into work.'

maya2008

Visit site
I agree with this. When I bought Rigs, he was just finishing 3 months of box rest. I asked to see him mounted and walk under saddle. They complied because he is a sane and trained animal.

Today BH was on a break, been off 11 weeks as he has his shoes pulled so he can mature on. But, I fancied a ride, so I saddled up and had a wobble round at walk. I believed it would be OK, as he is trained and sane...

I've had a couple that I would prefer to lunge the day before, but nothing that couldn't show itself at walk under saddle after that.

I am always a bit suspicious if a horse can't be saddled and mounted, to wobble a circle in walk, when the owner claims they are 100% everything, a paragon of soundness and virtue, and just need 'bringing back into work.'

To be fair, my old TB was dangerous coming off box rest (and ‘sharp’ coming off field rest) but you could put your granny on her once she was in full work.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
To be fair, my old TB was dangerous coming off box rest (and ‘sharp’ coming off field rest) but you could put your granny on her once she was in full work.
Yes, but we were talking about horses who are said to be 100% everything, and sound, so could presumably have a quick lunge round one day and a walk the next. I'm not talking about those who declare that the horses are sharp (as that seems to rarely happen).

Rigs was sold as a safe ride, suitable for a novice. TBF, I wouldn't usually hop aboard a horse on box rest, but he'd done a couple of hours out in a paddock prior, hence 'coming off' box rest as opposed to on box rest. He was still very restricted but not caged.

I have known a few who I would prefer to be worked, as in well lunged, prior to me riding, it's just that most that are for sale seem to be said to be easy/sound etc. yet can't be shown under saddle. It most certainly raises my suspicions.

Put it this way, as you declare yours is sharp after rest, I wouldn't be volunteering to get on that one without some prep! Pity more people don't declare the issues they have been having.

Last edited:

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Yes, but we were talking about horses who are said to be 100% everything, and sound, so could presumably have a quick lunge round one day and a walk the next. I'm not talking about those who declare that the horses are sharp (as that seems to rarely happen).

Rigs was sold as a safe ride, suitable for a novice. TBF, I wouldn't usually hop aboard a horse on box rest, but he'd done a couple of hours out in a paddock prior, hence 'coming off' box rest as opposed to on box rest. He was still very restricted but not caged.

I have known a few who I would prefer to be worked, as in well lunged, prior to me riding, it's just that most that are for sale seem to be said to be easy/sound etc. yet can't be shown under saddle. It most certainly raises my suspicions.

Put it this way, as you declare yours is sharp after rest, I wouldn't be volunteering to get on that one without some prep! Pity more people don't declare the issues they have been having.
Agree ++++ !
The one I quoted from a few days ago is from a trekking centre, been ridden by a 5 year old, quiet even after a week off.........but sold from the field because they haven't got time to get him back into work.
He would be the type I'm looking for if the ad. was honest so I did message to ask why he's been off work for a year and if they can just pop on him long enough for a vetting. No reply yet. Not holding my breath for one!
I'm a bit disappointed because the phone number Googles back to a well known place that used to be on my "might be ok to buy from" list. No sign of this particular horse on their main site, so it appears they have different outlets for the dodgy ones. My "not with a bargepole" list grows! :(

meleeka

Visit site
“Opportunity after the new year! I’m wanting to take a year off from horses.

Full loan to stay at current yard or move but will look into that.

Project horse only!

someone to be experienced and that can deal with a young stallion will be cut next year.

Please serious inquiries only no time wasters.

My boy is turning 3 next year and is looking to start his training in riding been there with driving.

Based ******

Financial to be talked about.”

Anyone want to spend a year training a stallion so the owner can have a year off and come back to a ridden horse, and pay for the privilege? ?

SpeedyPony

Visit site
“Opportunity after the new year! I’m wanting to take a year off from horses.

Full loan to stay at current yard or move but will look into that.

Project horse only!

someone to be experienced and that can deal with a young stallion will be cut next year.

Please serious inquiries only no time wasters.

My boy is turning 3 next year and is looking to start his training in riding been there with driving.

Based ******

Financial to be talked about.”

Anyone want to spend a year training a stallion so the owner can have a year off and come back to a ridden horse, and pay for the privilege? ?
Been there with driving?! With a horse that isn't yet 3? I can understand starting the long reining & desensitising at 2/2.5 but I wouldn't like to see something driving enough to be "been there done that" at 2.

hairycob

Visit site
So they want to only pay for part of the keep of the horse but the owner to move it to the yard the part loaner wants to be at? Bizarre
I had one of those a few years ago. Was advertising for a sharer 2 days a week for son's horse - Saturday & 1 day mid week, nominal financial contribution.. Had someone contact me to say they "would be prepared to take on the share" but he would need to move to a yard 40 miles away!

nagblagger

Visit site
Been in four wheeler drays, been on the London drive, you name it he's done it. He's only 3 year old, kids ride him everywhere up and down the roads with 3 them on him. He's unbelievably quiet, he also was up at Appleby fair last year as a taxi horse.

Just seen this on DD - what age did they start him and 3 kids at once!!