Cheer me up, what's to look forward to in the UK?

Saucisson

Visit site
So I'm returning to the UK next week with horse. The problem is that he's been at the transporter's yard since Saturday :( with all his papers :eek: So after a hugely stressful day or so I've now calmed down after the transporter has contacted me. I now just have a large, horse shaped hole in my life.

I'm trying to cheer myself up with the following

1. It might be a good thing that he's got a professional riding him for a week :D

2. Think of it as a bit of a holiday

3. Look forward to riding and owning a horse in the UK. Doing everything in English will be an obvious bonus :) Also thinking about hunting, great hacking maybe. Not looking forward to training him to go on the left side of the road :rolleyes:

So, come on cheer me up :)

PS and it's Burghley soon :):):)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Another returner? Why you coming back?

The weather is amazing, the pubs are fab, think of lovely pub rides with a cold drink and a lazy hack. Think of fields of waving corn (and subsequent stubble gallops!). Loads of stuff to look forward to!

Qru

Visit site
Oh oh the pubs! I'm really looking forward to a nice British pub!
For me I'm also looking forward to:
Saddle fitters
Physiotherapists
(I never thought I'd say this!) cooler weather
TACK SHOPS!
All the many clothes shops that we don't get over here
Everything will be in English!
More horsey people so therefore a wider range of horsey stuff to do.
Equine spectator events - HOYS, Olympia ect.
If you're anywhere near London - the theatre!
Is that enough?! Lol can you tell I'm excited to go back?

Saucisson

Visit site
Coming back because it's been 4 years away and I miss my big Sis :D Also, the economy has picked up and there's work again in my field :)

I'm a bit nervous as I've got more experience in horses over here than in the UK now, there's some bits and bobs where I'm not sure what the word is in English :eek:

My main concern is finding a good yard with a nice, friendly atmosphere. He's going to a place near my family for a few weeks until I find somewhere permanent near my new job :)

Qru

Visit site
Saucisson - I am literally counting the days till I can get a properly fitted saddle! I've just had to buy a new one FROM THE UK and sent over here because his third saddle in a year no longer fits!

Saucisson

Visit site
Saucisson - I am literally counting the days till I can get a properly fitted saddle! I've just had to buy a new one FROM THE UK and sent over here because his third saddle in a year no longer fits!

I've got a good quality saddle but it rubs my bum :eek: He never seems to have a problem with it :rolleyes:

PollyP99

Visit site
When I returned from France I loved seeing family, browsing in tack shops, lack of flies (what we've got now is 10% of what we were plagues with in France),grass that grows - although fat pony is the result of that, pubs and no habitual idiots out drunk with guns every Sunday and Wednesday!

Becca-84

Visit site
I was in Spain for 10 yrs and came back 2 yrs ago. Honestly couldn't wait to get back. It is sooo much easier looking after a horse here-proper turnout with grass!!! Proper hay, not alfalfa or straw, shows, much better hacking and considerate drivers, the weather is changeable...sounds odd i know but after 10 yrs i was so sick of the sun and heat! Best of luck with the move, im sure you'll love it!