Cheltenham 2024

j1ffy

Visit site
I don't think I've seen a thread yet..!

I'm not sure how much I'll manage to watch thanks to work and a dressage camp (the latter isn't too intense so should be able to catch some!) but I'm very excited as 'my' (and a load of other forum members') mare Apple Away runs at 5.30pm tomorrow in the NH Challenge Cup. Local-to-me horse Mr Vango, trained by the Bradstocks so I'll also be cheering him on - it would be a very emotional victory if he won and I don't think I could begrudge him beating Apple...

I feel gutted for our next nearest yard, Nicky Henderson's, with Constitution Hill out and the yard desperately unlucky in terms of timing for a virus to be at the yard.

What is everyone else looking forward to? Any good tips..?!

Brummyrat

Visit site
I'll be working too but my boss is away so hoping I can sneakily watch. Would be lovely if Elixir can do the business on Wednesday! Good luck with Apple Away

reynold

Visit site
I hope ITV record the ROR parade at 12.30 tomorrow and show it later in the afternoon.

Good luck with Apple

Will be watching all 4 days on ITV

See Henderson has 6 or so runners tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how they do.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I'll be in the office so can't watch

I'll be doing the ITV 7 as it's free, they've got a sweepstake going for the gold cup so I've joined that too, not sure who I have yet

Another hoping they show the ROR parade

Just hoping we don't get loads of drunk idiots in the betting ring, I know the people who do it are super rich, but it feels a bit sickening when they talk about bets being put on for hundreds of thousands during a cost of living crisis

Clodagh

Visit site
Just hoping we don't get loads of drunk idiots in the betting ring, I know the people who do it are super rich, but it feels a bit sickening when they talk about bets being put on for hundreds of thousands during a cost of living crisis
It is the bit of itv that makes me switch to RUK! I am so excited. If I get a paddock badge for Stage Star I’ll be going on Thursday but generally my week in front of the telly starts midday tomorrow.
On Friday I am driving to Essex, I will be listening to the early races on the radio if I can get my Bluetooth happy.

humblepie

Visit site
Not really studied races yet but have a sneaking for Zarak the Brave tomorrow but be fab if Iberico Lord could do it for Lambourn. Be lovely for Stateman to have the win.

Elixir would be super too on Wednesday. Love GDC probably my current fav NH horse

@Gamebird. Well jel as they say. Watching the morning exercise of the stables horses would be amazing let alone riding.

Gamebird

Visit site
Not really studied races yet but have a sneaking for Zarak the Brave tomorrow but be fab if Iberico Lord could do it for Lambourn. Be lovely for Stateman to have the win.

Elixir would be super too on Wednesday. Love GDC probably my current fav NH horse

@Gamebird. Well jel as they say. Watching the morning exercise of the stables horses would be amazing let alone riding.
It's the stuff of dreams. Rode out a previous Festival winner, Gold Cup runner and future Grand National entry today. You can't buy that!

ponyparty

Visit site
I’m going today! Well excited. Just got to go do the horse (in fake tan and hair curler 🤣) then getting ready. Don’t know why I’m bothering with my hair, with the weather how it is I’ll resemble a drowned rat after 5 minutes. Ah well! There’s a coach load of us from the village going together, and meeting a friend and his dad there - should be a fun day out. I did have a look at who I fancy my chances with, I know very little though as I’m only an occasional watcher/race-goer. don’t put much on though, just a little flutter for fun. I mainly just hope they all come home safe.

Have a great day, anyone going… please ignore the hooligans from Worcestershire, I don’t know them 😬😂 and to those watching from the comfort of your sofa - enjoy the comfort (and dryness)! Think we’ve picked the worst day weather wise!

Kadastorm

Visit site
I’m glad I’ve not got any bank shifts so far this week as it’s Cheltenham! I’ve done a lucky 63 😬 gonna need to win some money if I’m not earning 😂

Smitty

Visit site
Am I remembering correctly? Was it at Chelt that Priests used to give blessings (forgive me if it's the wrong term) first thing in the morning for the Irish favourites running that day, I seem to remember some sort of thing for Danoli in CH. Does it still happen? Sure I saw it on Channel 4 once

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Rushed around to get sat down for Cheltenham and itv has stopped, my tv says it’s an aerial problem but I’ve got BBC channels so can’t be the Ariel. Kept trying to get it and finally gone to itvx and it’s fine, very odd