Cheltenham Cancelled

cheekycharley

Visit site
What?? just seen, my sister was going (JRN) - after we had all the rain we thought ground would be perfect but cant see how it is waterlogged, we havent had much rain for over a week??? Went to cheltenham town the other day and it was spitting/light rain but not enough to cancel i wouldnt think.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
That area had been really hard hit by rain and gloucester had flooded areas. We have had a fair bit of rain last night and today and weather only brightens after Tuesday so guess they had to make a decision. The course is either rock hard or like soup!

cheekycharley

Visit site
We havent had any proper rain though for about 10 days - just a few very light showeres (since the day after shipton moyne was supposed to run) and its on a hill. Our field is rock solid again.

Acolyte

Visit site
I live just down the road from Cheltenham and believe me folks, since the flooding we have NOT had that much rain - just enough to make the going really nice I thought! Must be the racecourse people being ultra cautious?

I am so p****d off, it was going to be my first BE event this year - and to rub it in, went to Ascott today (who balloted me) and would have happily jumped the PN with no fears. Oh well, back to the schedule to see where else I can get in - if anywhere
crazy.gif