Cheltenham Day 4

KautoStar1

Visit site
So. Thoughts on today then.

I've been on Native River since he won the Welsh National at antipost but I wonder whether course form sets it up for Djackadam?
Fairy tail of Cue Card wins of course. I just can't quite see him staying the GC trip.

As for the rest of the day, the rest of the races are wide open but the Skeltons have laid North Hill Harvey out for the county hurdle so best of luck to them.

Hope we have a fatality free day too most importantly.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Native River for me and I would love to see Lizzie Kelly in the first four, what an achievement that would be.

This year has been better than previous years for loss, 3 at the moment I think, lets hope nothing more is added.

Just need to settle down now, supplies to hand, a nice fruity cider, tasty snacks, curtains closed, door bell unplugged and phones on silent.

Visit site
Djakadam - nay chance! This is the best quality field he has met in a Gold Cup and he has failed to win yet.

I'm on Native River all the way, I just hope the ground being good won't affect him too much. Everything else he has done has been on much softer ground.

Mariposa

Visit site
It's all about Cue Card for me. Good luck lovely boy, come home safe (and preferably in front....then please retire so we no longer have to worry about you!)

smja

Visit site
Argh, I just want them all to come home safely though I think I'll cry if Cue Card manages it!

*Whinney*

Visit site
Just seen the take off shot of Cue Card's fall and it looks like he did the exact same thing as Might Bite did in his bad fall last year.

I thought that about the girth too Mrs B.

Visit site
I don't think Sizing Johns girth started there lol! But at least it stayed on top rather than topple Robbie off the side! I am so pleased for the Potts and Jessie Harrington, they have been stalwarts of the jumping game for years and years and years!

Cue Card - same as last year, Paddy Brennan getting into a bit of a panic and sending him at a downhill fence. The difference this year - he was never going well enough to win.

Native River ran a cracker on ground that was clearly quicker than ideal! Give him a soft ground GC or National and he will show everyone a clean pair of heels!

Mariposa

Visit site
Cue Card - same as last year, Paddy Brennan getting into a bit of a panic and sending him at a downhill fence. The difference this year - he was never going well enough to win.

I agree. It looked to me that Paddy was trying to get through that wall of horses and seemed to dash for the space but Cue Card just barely even saw the fence. What a sense of deja-vu. My heart just sank, but he's home and safe....that's the most important thing.

Well done Sizing John, a grand sort!

Visit site
I'm still chuckling at the lassy who got totalled by Sizing John at the end! If she wasn't wearing a red jacket you probably wouldn't have noticed her! She looked mortified on the way in but at least the horse won so she can forgive him!

I'm glad the ITV crew saw sense and the second time the horse shied away from the horseback interview they left it be as it clearly wasn't going to happen.

suffolkmare

Visit site
Just caught GC and Foxhunters on catch-up TV, so glad Cue Card got up ok, guess he was winded. Pleased for Jess Harrington, and thrilled old Pacha da Polda won the Foxhunters with ladies 1st & 2nd. Any news on Sweet as a nut? said he was being attended to... :(

asterope

Visit site
Just caught GC and Foxhunters on catch-up TV, so glad Cue Card got up ok, guess he was winded. Pleased for Jess Harrington, and thrilled old Pacha da Polda won the Foxhunters with ladies 1st & 2nd. Any news on Sweet as a nut? said he was being attended to... :(

He's up :)

millikins

Visit site
What a superb temperament Pacha da Polda must have, to carry the novice Victoria Pendleton to a safe and respectable 5th then up a gear to win with a more experienced rider.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Have to say how good the radio 5 live coverage was been listening to it at work the presenters and commentators were very quick to report on the welfare of the horses.
Tom Scu was on some of it and I found him hilarious he needs to do some presenting when he retires they were also having interesting discussions rather than only talk about the betting etc.
Sounds like Cue Card is going to Aintree judging by the latest article on the racing post and they've completely dismissed the retirement talk.