Cheltenham Friday Thread

Mariposa

Visit site
That had me screaming at the TV, what a horse, what a wonderful quiet and confident ride! Well done!! And thank goodness he won as I had him at 12/1!! Winner winner chicken dinner!!

frostyfingers

Visit site
That start was a mess but apart from that what a fabulous race the Foxhunter's was. I always feel the commentators are a bit sniffy about the amateur riders but that was a great exhibition from them all - I don't think there were any fallers and they all looked pretty neat & tidy to me. Glad Nina won after being "taken out" in the XC race.

Clodagh

Visit site
Me too. And who was riding him in the clip? Not a jockey, that's for sure . . .

P
I think it was Laura Collett, why couldn't she keep her hands still just for a minute? Poor horse, and I was for him going to her. The other three looked great and are having a ball of a life.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Wonderful to see Uxizandre ridden so well and to win, by the greatest jump jockey of all time.

Conygree? A small yard, very few horses, probably done on a shoestring, and yet he managed it. The best bit was that he didn't win by default, as there were no fallers. Conygree beat the field fare and square! Unlike the rest of you lot, seemingly, I remained dry eyed, but thrilled beyond words at their achievement. :) The race was won by the best horse on the day, and as Lady Oaksey said, her now departed husband would be looking down, and rejoicing with them.

Now that it's all over, I'm left feeling rather deflated!

Alec.

popsdosh

Visit site
Just to think he(Coneygree) was nearly pulled out this morning ,I think everybody was looking down on them.
I was actually jumping up and down in the tractor listening to it .had been watching it all week on my phone whilst driving (satelite steering is worth it after all) however today I did not have an internet worthy signal so only the radio!
Its a total shame John could not be with us to see it he had so much faith in that mare. I will admit to tears !

justabob

Visit site
I am exhausted with vicarious pleasure, and yes feeling very deflated too Alec. On the upside we have the National meeting to look forward too.

Orangehorse

Visit site
The whole week has been great. What a spectacle it is to see large fields streaming over the fences. They all seemed to jump well, so nice that there were few fallers, even in the Foxhunters when there can be carnage. Annie Power had a lucky escape from what was a horrid fall, so good that she was OK.

I think that can be termed a Vintage Cheltenham, with the winning spread all around.