Cheltenham

Chiffy

Visit site
I would like Mite Bite but not holding my breath, we haven’t seen him to be able to assess if he is back to form.
Thistlecrack has definitely regained form but whether he can win again remains to be seen.
Otherwise I think I would like Clan des Obeaux, at least he is exciting to watch. Native River is a good horse but just rather workmanlike.
Just my opinion , I don’t bet, just get attached to certain horses, I always loved Denman much more than Kauto Star.

ChestnutWelshie

Visit site
And after he was so good having that shoe put back on. Poor fella, hope the adrenaline stopped him feeling too much pain before he was PTS. Very sad for all his connections

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Hoping that horse is just winded in the gold cup managing to watch on my break at work so first race I've seen but Sir Erec sounds pretty horrific as been following the text commentary.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Never good when they bypass a fence got to go back to work but also fearing the worse :(

Had a feeling about the winner was cheering on Annibale Fly as he looks like my old loan pony

Visit site
They went off like absolute s**t off a shovel! A good winner, a true run race and a very emotional jockey! You could see he wanted Oli Bell to go away so he could enjoy the moment and have a wee cry!

Velcrobum

Visit site
Invitation only was PTS and was the owners second loss this week.

It will be interesting to hear what the stewards think as the first and third fatality were ridden by the same jockey namely Willie Mullins son. The second one Sir Erek broke a leg on the flat which sadly happens and not just in racing. Sadly saw it happen in a field many years ago and that horse had to wait for a vet to arrive. The ones racing have a vet attending to them very very quickly far quicker than other types of horse activity.

tristar

Visit site
oh the glory, the champagne flowing, the ranting raving jumping up and down with joy while some poor baby horse is breathing its last a few yards away, i really cannot cope with the extremes of racing, its a step too far, the greed of asking for everything will one day bring racing to its knees, its a bit like the coliseum 2000 years ago where blood was spilled in front of a baying crowd, not much has changed really people love the ultimate thrill, except its the horses that pay and that makes it seem so unjust.

bonny

Visit site
oh the glory, the champagne flowing, the ranting raving jumping up and down with joy while some poor baby horse is breathing its last a few yards away, i really cannot cope with the extremes of racing, its a step too far, the greed of asking for everything will one day bring racing to its knees, its a bit like the coliseum 2000 years ago where blood was spilled in front of a baying crowd, not much has changed really people love the ultimate thrill, except its the horses that pay and that makes it seem so unjust.
Baby horse ? Sentimental tosh

scotlass

Visit site
Not sure how I've felt about Cheltenham 2019.

There have been some true highs ... Altior, Frodon, Tiger Roll, Andrew Gemmell's infectious joy at his horse Paisley Park winning, Bryony Frost's interview and Willie Mullins finally training a Gold Cup winner.

Some disappointments .. the mystery and hype of Presenting Percy (found to be lame on finishing), Buveur D'Air, Apple's Jade and Mark Chapman still being employed by ITV Racing.

And some terrible lows in the deaths of Ballyward, Sir Erec and Invitation Only and the devastation their owners, trainers, jockeys, lads / lassies are feeling.

Clodagh

Visit site
I think saying baby horses is pathetic and demeaning to the horse, unless it is a foal. And then just call it a foal.
The fatalities are really sad but no one is ever going to agree on whether or not racing should exist so I will just say I feel so very sorry for the connections of those who lost horses this week.