Cheltenham

Mariposa

Visit site
Sorry, I just can't hold in the excitement any longer! 4 WEEKS UNTIL CHELTENHAM!!!

Best week of the year! Who is going? Who are your fancies? Will Native River defend his title? Is Presenting Percy going to lead them all a merry dance? Will Apple's jade show the boys how it's done? So many amazing races, so many amazing horses and just 4 weeks to go!

Ah I love Cheltenham!

Visit site
It's 7.5 weeks until the National... Just saying!

Lol! I've not really looked much into Chetlenham but Apple's Jade taking on the Champion Hurdle will easily be the highlight of the meeting!

I am quite looking forward to watching Malone Road in the Bumper - I used to ride his mother in the yard. Another that I hope will be in the bumper and is worth watching is Embittered - the Fame And Glory half brother to Bucket Heid.

Visit site
Arthurs weight is great again for this year! This new handicapper is being quite appeasing to most people and has done a good job. Phil Smith seemed to go out of his way to annoy people over it all!

Arthur is in good form at home. He misses Haydock this weekend due to vaccinations... so I think he heads to Kelso for a spin in a few weeks.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Cant wait. Those dates are the first that get marked off in the office diary every year, even though I only work mornings its MY week, ride mine in the morning, home for an unhealthy late breakfast and then sofa for the afternoon. Absolute bliss....no real fancies this year, I do think its actually quite open and with just over 3 weeks to go, theyve still got to get 'em there!

Mariposa

Visit site
8 more sleeps!

Loving this rain for Native River's chances! Not loving this rain for a soggy few days next week!

scotlass

Visit site
Other than Apple's Jade, I've no other real fancies this year either, especially after the beautiful Penhill was sidelined. So many have missed work, missed races etc for a variety of reasons.

Visit site
Ive just sent out my yearly Cheltenham Game message to everyone on the yard. I cant really get psyched for Cheltenham these days. I much prefer Aintee.

I doubt we will have a runner at Cheltenham this year. All of ours need at least 50 to come out of the races before they get a space and that is very, very unlikely to happen sadly.

RobertMills

New User
Visit site
Have high hopes for this year too! I’ve been reading updates from this Cheltenham Races 2019 news provider, and it seems that the festival has become rather interesting. I’m looking forward to Elliott’s performance this year, and I’m a bit sad that some of the horses I’m considering will miss Cheltenham, especially those affected by the stricter BHA rules.

Visit site
We have had the first faller of the Festival already! Matt Chapman fell off the fence he was climbing over 😂😂😂😂😂

We have a few runners and the rain will help Big River today in the Ultima Chase.

I would love to see Apple's Jade do it for the mares but I would also like to see Bouvoir D'air silence his critics and win a 3rd Champion Hurdle.

Glen Forsa in the Arkle for me though. Lovely lovely big horse!

Clodagh

Visit site
I really want Buveur D'Air (I never support the Irish runners) but I do love Laurina, those ears, wouldn't she make a cracking hunter! I love Kalishnikov, he is so handsome and it is exciting to have a jumper trained near me. If I take my heart out of it Glen Forsa though.
Either of the top greys for the supreme. I love a grey.
As you can tell me approach to fancied horses is not very traditional, I never bet so I am allowed to pick horses for all sorts of odd reasons.
Willie Mullins is having a time of it with other horses at Aintree. He looked stressed today, but surely Aintree can't be more inconvenient than home? At least he can pop up the troad to see them if he wants to.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Lalor and Lady Buttons would be the horses I would like to see do well. I hate to see the big stables winning everything, of course the big yards are masters of their trade and supported by the great, the good and the hugely wealthy owners who keep the sport afloat, but for me, a win by a small trainer is good to see.

Clodagh

Visit site
Lalor and Lady Buttons would be the horses I would like to see do well. I hate to see the big stables winning everything, of course the big yards are masters of their trade and supported by the great, the good and the hugely wealthy owners who keep the sport afloat, but for me, a win by a small trainer is good to see.

I love Lalor, as he has great ears too. BUT I do get fed up of the constant banging on about Richard Woollacott. Kayley has been training him for a year now, I am not saying Richard should be forgotten, far from it, but all the showing of her in tears after his win at Aintree is, I think, not a nice thing to do to her.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Hoping ITV upload the footage so I can watch it on their player later love the BBC text commentary as was so useful to have a tab open with it at work.

Exactly the same race for Ruby as well.

Those who are watching live do they show the footage of the retired racehorses parading? I usually skip the chit chat on catch up but I'd like to see them?

Visit site
Just love the armchair jockeys, ruby did nothing wrong, the horse just fell, it happens !

It does just happen but it happens to happen to him more than anyone else at the last 😂😂 he didnt need to ask the horse for a long one, there were no challengers, in deep and pop would have done nicely! And I'm not talking out of my pocket as I don't bet very often and never on him 😂

I was disappointed in Apples Jade. She ran no race at all but the winner is a lovely young horse with a bright future ahead of him!

bonny

Visit site
It does just happen but it happens to happen to him more than anyone else at the last 😂😂 he didnt need to ask the horse for a long one, there were no challengers, in deep and pop would have done nicely! And I'm not talking out of my pocket as I don't bet very often and never on him 😂

I was disappointed in Apples Jade. She ran no race at all but the winner is a lovely young horse with a bright future ahead of him!
Time will tell, the placed horses haven’t been setting the world alight, it was a strange race after all the hype ....apples jade just seems to hate running at Cheltenham for whatever reason

bonny

Visit site
Hoping ITV upload the footage so I can watch it on their player later love the BBC text commentary as was so useful to have a tab open with it at work.

Exactly the same race for Ruby as well.

Those who are watching live do they show the footage of the retired racehorses parading? I usually skip the chit chat on catch up but I'd like to see them?
They showed a few, master minded among them which was nice to see

Visit site
Roughly when were they shown? Someone had uploaded photos onto the racehorses where are they now Facebook but I cant seem to find them now they were lovely photos too 😢

The individual posts were taken down by admin but they were readded to the dedicated Cheltenham thread on there. The one of Saphir Du Rhue ... Oh dear! Someone get the lassy a jacket ... or a bra!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I did see the Saphir one when they were first added I thought she must be absolutely freezing!!

Lovely to see Cue Card ridden by his old stable hand.

Anyone got any news on the fallers in the last the BBC thing has finished but firstly said 3 were getting treatment then that one was still down but 2 had got up?

Clodagh

Visit site
Apples Jade didn't like being taken on, IMO. Melon ran brilliantly. I have never heard of the winner before, but wasn't he gorgeous? Loved Buveur D'Air still winning, albeit minus a jockey.
Benie de Dieux took a horrible fall, they showed it repeatedly on Racing channel, she was very lucky not to break her neck. ITVs coverage was appalling, were there actually any horses there? I gave up and went to Racing channel instead.
Well done EKW, Big River was great - and love his silks!
A really good day. THere was carnage in the last race for the amateurs, some of them need to go hunting more often.