Cheshire Drag Hunt - Pickmere... Anyone been?

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Hello,

This is my first post on here (just joined today as always found these forums helpful to read!). I am attending the Cheshire Drag Hunt for the first time on Saturday 26th Oct and I was wondering if anyone else has been on the hunt they do at Pickmere? We are meeting at the Red Lion Pub (I think?!).

Does anyone know if that particular route has smaller jumps and are the jumps are optional? I know from reading previous forums for the Cheshire Drag Hunt that most of their hunts have smaller/optional jumps but no one has mentioned Pickmere.

Also - my pony sometimes kicks, plus I am a novice hunter (first time for everything!) so can I put both red and green ribbons in his tail? I believe green means novice?

Thank you for your advice in advance! I'm very excited but also getting a bit nervous too! x

cptrayes

Visit site
In theory green alone should be enough but personally I would use both.

There will be a way round all fences, and always an option of well under three feet.

I've been from Pickmere and may be out myself if I don't go on Wednesday instead - I'll be on a big black horse, say hi to me.

You'll have a lot of fun :)

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Hello, thanks for the reply! I shall use both ribbons - just to be on the safe side!

That's good news about the jumps. I'd like to think I will be giving the smaller jumps a go but nice to have the option to go round incase things don't go to plan.

I will look out for you to say hi... I will be on a 14.1hh liver chestnut welshie with red and green ribbons (and probably looking a bit scared!) :)

Flyermc

Visit site
I went to the beginners on Saturday and it was brillant, im hoping to go to either the 2nd Nov or the 16th. I keep dreaming about the 30th aswell (its 15 mins from my farm!) but im dads not got the 4x4 and its a 2+hr hack either way, which is abit much, plus the hunt.

You'll love it!!