Cheshire Hunt this weekend

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Clodagh what can a terrier man do? Surely they aren't allowed to use the terrier to get a fox out when it's gone to ground if they aren't allowed to deliberately chase it to ground in the first place? With trail hunting, just can't see why a terrier man would be there. Baffled???

I'm answering my own question here. I have quickly read that it is legal to use one terrier to flush to a gun. Why would there be any terriers or terrier men out on a trail hunt?

Surely those boxes are empty and the quads simply being used to support the hunt by fixing broken fences, etc.?

Countryman

Visit site
Clodagh what can a terrier man do? Surely they aren't allowed to use the terrier to get a fox out when it's gone to ground if they aren't allowed to deliberately chase it to ground in the first place? With trail hunting, just can't see why a terrier man would be there. Baffled???

Because hunting is banned, foxes can no longer be managed in a selective, natural and humane way. Accordingly many farmers, landowners and gamekeepers will only let the hunt trail hunt on their land if they can arrange pest control -otherwise they don't see the point. Accordingly many hunts have to offer a service to farmers using terriers to flush to a gun. Perfectly legal - but not as selective as hunting with hounds.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
this one?- this is the one they are claiming is terrier man- IME they are mostly just very generous with their gate opening abilities.
I'll put money on that being a sabs arm in black camo too.
16939192_1049952751777092_761088313067386182_n.jpg

Last edited:

Countryman

Visit site
If I was being followed, harassed, potentially attacked and threatened by violent animal rights extremists trying to find out where I lived etc I'd consider wearing a mask around them! Remember the very serious violence that has been meted out by the animal rights movement. Essentially urban terrorism.

ycbm

Visit site
If I was being followed, harassed, potentially attacked and threatened by violent animal rights extremists trying to find out where I lived etc I'd consider wearing a mask around them! Remember the very serious violence that has been meted out by the animal rights movement. Essentially urban terrorism.

They are only sabbing trail meets, aren't they? In the many years I have drag hunted I have never been sabbed. What I don't understand is why they would sab a trail meet if you are not hunting fox illegally?

Countryman

Visit site
They are only sabbing trail meets, aren't they? In the many years I have drag hunted I have never been sabbed. What I don't understand is why they would sab a trail meet if you are not hunting fox illegally?

Because they don't care about animals- they resent the people involved. This is why bloodhound meets have been sabbed, hunt balls targeted, etc.

ycbm

Visit site
Because they don't care about animals- they resent the people involved. This is why bloodhound meets have been sabbed, hunt balls targeted, etc.

They have not ever sabbed a bloodhound or drag meet or ball that I have been at. They believe you are still hunting fox illegally. Why?

Countryman

Visit site
They have not ever sabbed a bloodhound or drag meet or ball that I have been at. They believe you are still hunting fox illegally. Why?

I don't think they really believe that, but it is a convenient justification. The law doesn't matter to them. They were doing this long before the ban. Given their treatment of hounds, horses and their fellow man, I struggle to believe they are animal lovers. As I say, many of these people are people-haters, not animal lovers.

KautoStar1

Visit site
I've been sabbed when out with the blood hounds. Bloody idiots don't know the time of day half the time. Neither are they genuine animal lovers. Most of them are just rent a mob out for a good kick off. Anti establishment and anti anyone who has something they might have worked hard for and therefore perceived as rich and stuck up.

ycbm

Visit site

I don't think they really believe that, but it is a convenient justification

If I told you that I asked a member of a big hunt I won't name, not this one, (but I will share it with you if you PM me), why they were routinely sabbed, and his answer, with a laugh was 'because we hunt fox!' and if I told you that I was invited to midweek hunt with with a local hunt (again not this one) and said I could not go if they hunt fox, and that person (now a master of that hunt) said they did, would you still say that the sabs don't believe you hunt fox illegally?

And as long as one pack in the country still does, and people know it, you are all going to feel the brunt of that, I think.

I am not a sab, I no longer hunt, I don't in any way approve of anything but quiet demonstration, but I do understand why they do it.

I am not suggesting that this hunt was acting illegally on the day. The law is framed so that it is impossible to get a conviction if a scent is deliberately laid so weak as to not keep the hounds on it, and they then pick up fox and follow that. I'm guessing that's what happened here.

ihatework

Visit site

Many years ago sabs poured concrete down the toilets of the pub hosting a bloodhound meet. That is how ignorant and stupid some of them are.

Countryman

Visit site
Many years ago sabs poured concrete down the toilets of the pub hosting a bloodhound meet. That is how ignorant and stupid some of them are.

It's disgraceful and motivated by pure hatred for people. It should be recognised for what it is - totally unlawful and unacceptable urban terrorism.

Clodagh

Visit site
It is illegal in England (I don't know about Scotland) to use a terrier to flush a fox, but if you were looking for your trail line near a fox's earth and the hounds marked to ground you can then use a terrier to find the fox under ground so you can dig down to it and shoot it.
Terrier work is still allowed as fox control would be well nigh impossible if you could not access them underground. It is well regulated.