cheval liberty as a pose to ifor Williams??

ge0rgg

Visit site
We've been looking for ifor 403 Williams trailers, however a lady has contacted us with Cheval liberty 1003 xl, could you please share your experiences with me please? We have only looking into ifor and so we're blind with chevals! Thanks :)

Cragrat

Visit site
Personally, wouldn't touch a cheval with a barge pole. Never owned one, but seen a few at pony club- incredibly flimsy compared to an ifor. Perhaps ok if you need something very lightweight due to towing restrictions, and only have a section A or something similar to go in it.

Ifors are heavy because they are strong!

ilvpippa

Visit site
I have a chevel Pullman; and I love it. Best trailer we've ever pulled & much more light & airy than an Ifor. The suspension is also much better making it easier for your horse. Never had any problems with mine

Smurf's Gran

Visit site
We have a Cheval Liberte single and its great. We pull it with the family car and it tows so well you hardly know its there.

We have towed a variety of horses in it and all have travelled well, and the Pullman suspension gives a smooth ride. Inside its spacious and light, and the ramp etc is very easy to manage. I have never felt that it was too light or not sturdy enough !

As for what you can tow, the trailer weight varies between 655KG to 725 KG - ours is 725 as we have the Pullman suspension. The trailer can take up to a 16.2 and the weight you can pull will depend on what your car can tow (we had to down plate to 1300 due to car towing limits , but if you don't have to down plate the weight of horse you can pull is significant ! - rather more than a Section A (LOL)

If you are unsure see if you can have a try with the trailer and your horse, so you know how the trailer "feels " and how your horse reacts.

I have a friend who has an IFOR and while they have a good reputation they are very very rattly.

Just two drawbacks with the Cheval - the clips can be fiddly, and (will depend on the model) we have no tack compartment so all tack and equipment has to go in the car boot.

Last edited:

Kokopelli

Visit site
We got one instead of an Ifor because we had a bad loader and from a horses perspective they are much more inviting.

We've had a good few years now and not had a single problem with a variety of horses. We first towed with a Volvo xc90 and now tow with a shogun, although I wish I could tow it!

Batgirl

Visit site
I love my cheval, I have the mare and foal model. Tows beautifully with my 17hher in it. It is light but very stable. My boy would take 5/10 mins to load in an Ifor we used to borrow but he practically loads himself in the cheval.
It is preference as you can see from polar opposite views.
IMO with modern materials heavy isn't always better.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Personally, wouldn't touch a cheval with a barge pole. Never owned one, but seen a few at pony club- incredibly flimsy compared to an ifor. Perhaps ok if you need something very lightweight due to towing restrictions, and only have a section A or something similar to go in it.

Ha ha, are you serious!? Ifor are the flimsy ones nowadays!!! I wouldn't touch an Ifor with a barge pole. Cheval and Vans Fautras are fab trailers, built to last and their suspension systems give horses a really lovely ride. Just tow an Ifor and then one of these and you'll immediately feel the difference.

popsdosh

Visit site

Ifors are heavy because their suspension was designed just after the wheel! However at least people hear you coming .

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
E
I love my cheval, I have the mare and foal model. Tows beautifully with my 17hher in it. It is light but very stable. My boy would take 5/10 mins to load in an Ifor we used to borrow but he practically loads himself in the cheval.
It is preference as you can see from polar opposite views.
IMO with modern materials heavy isn't always better.

I had the mare and foal as well, fab triller-everything loaded and travelled well in it.