Chew-proof lead

Marnie

Visit site
Bunny can be a lead chewer but her puppy friends in the pub are even worse - I have got through 2 leads in the last few weeks!

I am looking for a robust lead that is difficult to chew through but is still flexible - I have seen some that appear to have wire running through them but I don't know how flexible they are. It is more for when we are in the pub, sitting around or playing than when walking as she loose lead walks well.

Any recommendations welcomed!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Following this as we are still (!) trying to stop the brown one chewing leads, either her own or someone else's, when she is particularly excited. She us 12 months old but didn't start with us as a pup.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I had to resort to a chain lead for my younger heeler when he was a pup, so he resorted to chewing the other dogs lead ! He has just about grown out of it now but will still chew at his lead if I am standing talking to someone on our walks and he gets bored :rolleyes:

satinbaze

Visit site
You could try smearing the lead with Vicks vaporub as dogs don’t like the eucalyptus smell. Or bitter apple spray to the lead.

Marnie

Visit site
I'm looking at chain too now - I hadn't thought of that either. It looks as though you can get quite fine linked ones as I would just be a bit worried about teeth getting caught and damaged when they play with larger links.

lozzles

Visit site
Mine is a stealthy lead chewer. Never does it when you're looking at her! I use one of those wire core plasticy covered ones. Works really well, pretty flexible but not as nice as a regular lead for walking. Best for things like the pub etc. She very quickly got bored of trying to chew it . It's the viva glory chew proof one on Amazon.

Bellasophia

Visit site
I’m another fan of Vicks rub.I’ve used it for leather leads during my former rottie ‘s puppyhood..excellent auto deterrant.Rub into the lower end of the lead,the smell is enough to keep the dog from chewing.