Chia Seeds

holeymoley

Visit site
I thought about posting this in the feed section of the forum but I think it may get more views here.

So, chia seeds. Are these the big hype they’re made out to be? I have an insulin resistant horse. According to a page on social media, chia seeds get a very very good review in being able to reduce insulin levels. I think, reading between the lines, they slow down the absorption of glucose thus reducing insulin production. I can’t find any scientific evidence of this, it seems to be trial and error and hearsay. Does anyone here feed? Are there any extreme negatives?

SEL

Visit site
I've fed them because I have one who itches on linseed and they're supposed to be good for the gut as well as a good omega balance. Pricey and I'm not sure I saw any benefits with her gut. Can't comment on the slow down of glucose absorption I'm afraid.

Bonnie Allie

Visit site
We used Chia seeds a couple of years ago when they were all the rage. Did not give the supposed benefits - and we checked this via a full blood panel.

I’ve also done the same test on myself. Wishful thinking at best. Possibly a reason there are no scientific papers available