Chicken autosexing - legbars

Lacuna

Visit site
I know that there are some pretty good people on here regarding the genetics of our furred and feathered critters. I have cream legbar hens and lost my cockerel to a polecat last year. I have his son (crossed with a buff sussex) and was thinking of putting him with the other hens (they are unrelated luckily).

Does anyone know if their offspring would be autosexing or not? I am hoping so if they are 3/4ths cream legbar but don't know enough about what factors would affect it. chooks23.jpg cockerel23.jpg

Lacuna

Visit site
Autosexing?

Just when you think you are old enough to know some stuff, you find out you know nothing!
Haha - yeah I came across them about 3 years ago. Certain breeds have different fluff when they hatch so you can tell the boys from the girls. In Legbars the girls have a stripe on their heads and the boys have a lighter fluff with a creamy dot (Google photo!)

IMG_1254.jpeg

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Haha - yeah I came across them about 3 years ago. Certain breeds have different fluff when they hatch so you can tell the boys from the girls. In Legbars the girls have a stripe on their heads and the boys have a lighter fluff with a creamy dot (Google photo!)

IMG_1254.jpeg
Thank you!