Childs Pony Stollen And Strangled

Visit site
This just appeared on my fb timeline. A childs Welsh Pony was taken over night and was found tied to a tree, strangled by the rope it was tied with! Luckily the family had cctv and have identified the 3 teenagers responsible.

But who in their right minds ties a pony so tight it suffocates to death?!?! It was clearly deliberate and not a case of them dumping the pony when the novelty of stealing it had worn off.

Teenagers to boot! What sick, twisted little shits! I sincerely hope they get whats coming to them! Their parents must be so proud of the pond slime they have dreadged up ...

NACD

Visit site
I've just seen this too - I was welling up, vile vile boys! I dread to think what their parents are like! I seriously hope that custodial scentences are handed out.

BOWS28

Visit site
Absolutely heartbreaking. Looking at the pictures, he was that little girls best friend. The thought of what he must of gone through in his last few hours of his life. What awful, awful human beings. My faith in humanity is decreasing by the day.

Mule

Visit site
GAH, I knew I shouldn't have read this thread! Some humans are just plain evil. That's my take on it.

Reactions: TPO

little_critter

Visit site
Just wondering, was the pony intentionally strangled or were the thieves crap at knots and tied a slip knot round the neck and the pony pulled back?
Not that stealing the pony is forgivable but there is a difference between intentional strangulation and leaving a live pony tied to a tree (who then gets itself strangled due to a poor choice of knot)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Is there evidence that the teenagers intended the pony to strangle or was this a prank gone dreadfully wrong?

Goldenstar

Visit site
That’s just appalling
Years ago a teenager in the village stabbed my pony with a machete .
His father had recently died and his mother had taken to the drink .
He had been taken to see this pony since he was a baby .
I still have not truly come to terms with it .

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
The three people who took the pony were obviously aware that what they were doing was wrong. If the death was unintentional, then they were still more bothered about themselves than saving the pony, or they would have gone to fetch help.

Of course. But that is hugely different from deliberately setting out to strangle a pony.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Don't you find the idea that they intended to strangle the pony a lot more upsetting than the idea that it was strangled by mistake? I do.

If they were aware of the fact that they were in the presence of a pony who was strangling to death and they did nothing, then their behaviour was as bad as if it were deliberate. I doubt if the pony, or the family who owned it, care if it were planned, or the result of cowardice.

Tagoat

Visit site
It seems a lot of kids are unable to differentiate between real-life/reality & take your pick of the many, many extreme violent computer "games" available. Sad.

RaposadeGengibre

Visit site
Don't you find the idea that they intended to strangle the pony a lot more upsetting than the idea that it was strangled by mistake? I do.
If the idea of getting them out of the trouble overpowering leaving the pony suffering and not seeking help, then it is as upsetting as deliberately strangling it.

little_critter

Visit site
Depends on if it started strangling in their presence. If they tied it to a tree and walked off (and at that time the pony was alive and well, although presumably stressed) then that’s different to not helping a strangling pony, which is different again to intentionally strangling the pony.
The outcome is the same for the poor pony and the owners, however I would judge the boys differently depending on whether the death of the pony was a deliberate act, a failure to help, or was unforeseen by the boys.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I imagine that they took a rope, tied a knot to make a loop but tied a slipknot instead of a bowline and put this loop round the pony's neck and tied it to a tree and left it there as a prank.

Stupid, but without intending any harm to the animal.

The animal pulls against the rope, the rope gets tighter, the animal panics and pulls harder...