chilham castle

hihosilver

Visit site
Had a lovely day at Chilham yesterday. However a bit miffed with the very tight time in the show jumping- like lots of other competitors. My Horse did the B90 had a great sj round never broke out of canter but got a costly 5 time faults! thinking it was a mistake was informed you have to cut the corners and ride fast to get the time! I would have thought that a B90 should encourage proper riding? lots of complaints made but results stood. Thought? x

frankster

Visit site
Today was pants weather there.... only one competitor thanked me at the end of 2 days ring stewarding 600 competitors.... I'll not be doing that again! Oh and an steward reported a well known rider for punching a horse in the jaw... under the carpet.... that steward will probably give up.

Nicnac

Visit site
Oh and an steward reported a well known rider for punching a horse in the jaw... under the carpet.... that steward will probably give up.

What?! Usually taken very seriously by BE but outcome not made public. Sorry you had such rude competitors - usually lovely event and one of our favourites.

OP - the SJ is a certain number of metres per minute at BE so unless wheeled exceptionally tight is usually easy to gauge. Was the ground holding?

hihosilver

Visit site
What?! Usually taken very seriously by BE but outcome not made public. Sorry you had such rude competitors - usually lovely event and one of our favourites.

OP - the SJ is a certain number of metres per minute at BE so unless wheeled exceptionally tight is usually easy to gauge. Was the ground holding?

No he never came out of a canter and he has never had time faults before. If you look at the B90 you will see that there are a huge number of time faults. It dosent matter thrilled with my horse-clear xc and inside the time, I just wanted to avid it next time! as he would have been second! x

hihosilver

Visit site
Today was pants weather there.... only one competitor thanked me at the end of 2 days ring stewarding 600 competitors.... I'll not be doing that again! Oh and an steward reported a well known rider for punching a horse in the jaw... under the carpet.... that steward will probably give up.

That's awful- I was there Saturday I heard about the weather being awful. I'm sorry you had a rubbish day, I thought it was a great well run venue. x