Chilham chicken and dee report and Photos

Binkybex

Visit site
I know its late but I've just got the photos loaded. Please be kind with comments they both live out and our grass hasn't realy kicked in yet :)

Chicken was entered for the 90 on the saturday, she had been viewed by potential purchasers on the thursday and they wanted to see her compete. Not much pressure then! dressage was just rubbish, it was her first outing this year and her eyes were on stalks, just too much excitement for one little horse to contain, the judges comment was "Enjoy the Jumping" which says it all realy.

SJ was awesome just rolled a pole going downhill towards the warmup. XC was just amazing what a little jumping machine. wow :)

And of course she has now gone to her new home. I will miss her but she is a perfect teenagers horse and that is what she has gone off to do :)

Sunday I had Dee entered in the 100. He has only done one before and that was a while ago back when I had time and money :) Dressage was nothing to write home about, he has been hunting and hacking all winter, I think we have both forgotten what a school looks like :)

The SJ was also hairy corners are aparently for girls and so I ended up in the tree at one point! 2 down so okish. XC went pretty well had to ]circle between two big houses rather than taking the direct route as he had bucked and shot off after the last fence. Went direct at the big coffin with no problems and straight after that I stupidly hooked back and went the long route at the water which gave him plenty of time to decide that he could easily get round the skinny at C :( rest of the course he jumped like a star :)

I'm thinking of doing some working hunters with him do you think he will be any good? obviously I'll need to put some topline on first though ;)

Thanks for looking :)

bubbaloonie

Visit site
Wow your horses are gorgeous. Love that first showjumping photo! I'm at Chilham unaffiliated this weekend. Can't wait!

MadisonBelle

Visit site
How on earth did the .90 horse manage to roll a pole!!!

Both looks fantastic....... Hope chicken enhoys her new home.

Dee looks like a dream! I'm sure he'll be fab at whatever you do! Good luck.

BeckyD

Visit site
How on earth did the .90 horse manage to roll a pole!!!

Both looks fantastic....... Hope chicken enhoys her new home.

Dee looks like a dream! I'm sure he'll be fab at whatever you do! Good luck.

Exactly what I was thinking!! Giving the jumps some air!

Well done - sounds like two fun days out, and hope Chicken is enjoyed in her new home.

Binkybex

Visit site
Actually I hate grooming and I have four greys :S I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment.

I think she got a bit cocky and distracted looking at all the other horses in the warm up, I guess I might have gotten a bit cocky too :)

I'm pretty sure that if I were to enter a workers class now I would get told he is underweight. That is the problem with showing isn't it, he is actualy perfect for a hunter in spring ready for his summer holiday (which he isn't getting :) )

TableDancer

Visit site
Well done, I absolutely adore chicken; I always wonder why we assume we have to give up these athletic little horses to teenagers - she looks like a fab little horse for anyone!

Binkybex

Visit site
Well if I could have afforded to buy her from her owner I would have kept her :) mind you I have a slightly more araby version that I was competing at novice level that I realy should bring back into work ;)