chilly willy CS show report and *newtatalert*

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
one of those days when you dont know whether to laugh, or bang your head on something sharp and pointy!!!

after an anxious 24hours on snow watch we trundled off to Elms Farm for 2 x adv mediums....NMT was wearing so many layers she could barely move and had i pushed her over i think she would have bounced stright back up, like a weeble!!!!

had looooooads of new tat to debut-some particularly bright Equipe stirrups in snazzy gold to match browband.....belt....stock....stockpin....jacket collar....etc!!!! and some sexy snakey brushing boots (yes patent snakeskin, really!) :lovetat:

warmed up in 2 quarter sheets as was bitterly cold up there and went really really sweetly, after a few ahem, less than subtle reminders about FORWARD, he did indeed get his butt in gear and felt very supple and relaxed. We have been working him a bit deeper at home as he can get a little bit *peacocky* in the ring and pop up and brace against me, so have being doing loads of work rounder, but really forward in to the hand.

plodded in to the ring as previous person was leaving, had a trot-felt great, asked for canter and got snort...sneeze..grunt...squeak...snake head...LEAP IN THE AIR LIKE A HELICOPTER.....superb.....trotted past NMT and whsipered that he felt full of bad ideas (bad bad, not good bad) but sucked it up and tried to force myself to keep leg on.
Trot work dried up on me a bit, HP and mediums were ok but the 10m circles and SI felt like i was carrying him, not the other way round!
Did a lovely variety of changes............sadly mostly in his medium canter, few 2's, and a couple of 1's, and i eventually walked to make a point of him waiting for me, then cantered on again. Did the HP ok but had to ride my other medium VERY carefully and then his first changed went with a bit of a buck/dive/fumble which annoyed me as they are one of his higlights :badpony:.

However, the good bits felt much better (HP more forward and bendy and flowing and walk more uphill and relaxed in neck) and indeed they must have been as we were 1st (out of 2 lol) with 65.58% but beat a very smart horse indeed and i was really pleased with that score, as the judge is renowned for not giving marks away and obviously we had made a few bodge ups along the way :)

short break and back in for AM98......made a dubious start by spooking and then slamming on the anchors with a neck like a crane-we were roughly in the region of X so saluted sharpish and then set off down centre line on an absolute mission, gave him a few sharp reminders about staying uphill and in front of me in the trot, which resulted in the first HP starting with some snake head and a bit of jiving but it felt loads better, so was happy regardless.
Decided that broncing would be a better option than changing on the serpentine, so that hammered the 1st change mark, serpentine/canter mark AND submission, little turd but at least did some really nice HP again and opted not to throw any tempis in the ext canter :rolleyes:

(should add its a good job i watched the one before me, which i rarely do....as had totally forgotten the whole medium trot down centre line malarky until that moment!!!)

2nd out of same 2, with 62.10% which again, considering the ad libbing, i was pleased with.

So we now have all our none Q marks and are half qual for regionals, so will just do the Q class from now on.

Havent been there in about 10 years but staff were friendly and helpful as ever and really well organised.....only 2 shadows cast on the day were a very very poor, and very tucked up little horse being yanked round the warm up every time it put a whisker out of line, consequently wouldnt stand in its halts, so got *******ed and spurred-by the time it went in the ring it was lathered all over with white foam :( it was 0 degrees, it was sweating in fear and look terrified poor thing. Rider loudly complaining how naughty it was :(

the well known dressage faimly turned up with young daughter rather over horse on huge and over excited mount-quickly ushered in to indoor, only to reappear 30mins later in a double bridle and flash noseband!!!! I politely pointed out it shouldnt be, only to be told "oh i didnt know we couldnt warm up in it", which is total BS as they have been involved in BD longer than ive been alive! Debated complaining but didnt as they were going HC anyway, but perhaps i was a wimp and should have? Think it makes a mockery of rules and the flash was only removed just prior to entering ring, despite me pointing out its not allowed! very much *we will do what we want*. grrrrrrr.

anyhoo, got what i went for and am pleased with how way of going in general is coming along, wish i could look up and sit straighter/more classically correct, but back is what it is and i can only do so much to compensate for how crumbly and crap it is, so will keep plodding on in that respect.

winter champs are fast approaching and i am TERRIFIED!!!!

P1160502_zpsab8e7866.jpg

P1160558_zps7b9252a2.jpg

P1160589_zps8004ccce.jpg

P1160566_zps3a27165a.jpg

P1160618_zps6987d1f4.jpg

P1160633_zps4c7cb2be.jpg

P1160636_zps0c492b3b.jpg

am pleased to announce that HCC International Insurance are going to be sponsoring me again in 2013- huge thanks to them for their support, the HHC pony is back in business!!!

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
Had a flick through your fb photos other day, he is just sooo blo0dy lovely! :D

It sort of (a very sort of, as keep going to give up regulary) makes me want to work harder with my nf pony to prove you don't need a wb to play dressage :)

Tash88

Visit site
Fabulous photos, such an expressive and beautiful horse. And congrats on the sponsorship!

Where did you get the snakeskin-print brushing boots from? I think I need some more tat in my life and black is a little too sensible...

JFTDWS

Visit site
He looks properly awesome, even if he was making his own entertainment during some movements ;) Very smart and muscular and powerful!

Stirrups are rather striking :p I love a bit of tat too but I'm not too sure about snakeskin boots :eek:

Paladine

Visit site
He looks brilliant! Great results!

Love the gold stirrups, as I have gold lining and piping on my jacket, brass buckles and gold bling . . . alas my legs jiggle wayyyy too much in the trot, so I've resorted too black stirrups and black spurs so it's less obvious. Darn lazy horses made it a bad habit!

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
*can't get over the gold stirrups* Well done :D
Could you have a word with BD about the pro and I would also mention the poor horse that was so stressed too, surely they have some kind of duty to ensure horses are treated fairly, in BE people are put on a watch list if their behaviour cause concern.

Sneedy

Visit site
Well done, he looks great!

Re the tack on the HC horse, I think they can get away with it as it was HC? Only reason I think that is because at a recent BD (major venue) there was a pro riding a GP test in a NS elevator bit......interesting......she wouldn't have got away with it if competing, but maybe the HC status allows this? Happy to be corrected tho ;)!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
Cannot see in rules where this is allowed? have emailed BD to confirm and am happy to be corrected :)

BB-would have mentioned poor hot and scared chap to the organised except rider was stood chatting away to organiser and steward (like they were best mates/knew each other very well), i felt it was unlikely to achieve much but again, maybe i was a wimp?

thanks all, pleased with him, if we can knock the norties on the head i would be even happier but thats horses i guess, and he did generally feel fabulously soft and light and even my walk piris (my worst and most hated movement) were passable lol!

Booboos

Visit site
Well done! Those are super scores, considering the little 'moments'! He seems to really be settling at this level now which is fantastic and he looks great.

If I was going to be honest I am not a huge fan of the gold stirrups...but I clearly a scruffy/scruffy and not a matchy/matchy so what do I know?!

little_flea

Visit site
LOVE the stirrups! I have just purchased a new Equipe bridle, breastplate and stud girth for my grey mare and I just love the quality... Clearly I NEED the stirrups too, right?

CS looking fab! Hehe what did it say on the sheet for the broncing? And what are you doing at Winter Champs? (Maggie has her Regionals on Sunday but she is completely wild and out of control at the moment so no high hopes of a qualification...)

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
the broncing got a 1, and comment "kicking at leg, canter interrupted" which i thought was a polite way of putting it lol!

Im doing the petplan adv med open and NMT the petplan nov restr :)

good luck for no canter interruptions at Maggies regional!!!!!!!

little_flea

Visit site
the broncing got a 1, and comment "kicking at leg, canter interrupted" which i thought was a polite way of putting it lol!

Im doing the petplan adv med open and NMT the petplan nov restr :)

good luck for no canter interruptions at Maggies regional!!!!!!!

Hahaha I love those comments! Quite politely put, yes. :D

I don't expect we will see you at Winter Nationals :D :D as Mags has not been showing any of her usual "pleasing attitude" recently. But look forward to the reports!

Lolo

Visit site
New tat puts Freg's fluffy noseband to shame- just as he was diva-ing up ;) It's very pretty though- subtle matchy matchy is very smart!

CS looks enormous, he is utterly gorgeous! Naughty pony though :D

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
yes, considering the manouvers, and the super strict judge, i am really pleased, think that the good bits must have improved a notch to still get the marks, are we finally cracking soft and forward in the ring?!

rowy

Visit site
Well done! He looks fab! And so so muscly now! and love how he looks really soft and light in your hand in every picture :)
and he must have done SUPER well in the test bits that went well if he got 1s in other parts of the test to still get such good scores :)

Rowan told me he NEEDS patent crocodile boots ;)

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
thanks :) felt really good in the contact all day long, just needed a smidge more oooomph in the circles and SI, starts well then dies a bit, but looking at pics i wonder if my lower leg is still too far forward in the SI (i tend to sit like that to save my lower back) and if i could just pull it back under me he might stay off it better...................as the HP positioning makes me pull my leg back and he's much sharper off it in that, hmmmmmm, will experiment a bit on tues eve.

rowan def needs some sicksnake booties ;)

KPM

Visit site
He's looking hench! Well done :)

Where did you get the boots? I feel I may need these in my life! #fellowloveroftat