Chippison

seabiscuit

Visit site
I think Ive got the right name? That Irish SJ'er lady's horse by Cavalier Royale out of a international Flagmount mare.

What are people's opinions on this stallion?

glenruby

Visit site
Personally I dont think hes the best looking horse. Conformation is decnt enough though as you say hes a bit straight behind. What i dont particularly like is his head which i think is a bit large and plain.
Aside from that though, Iv seen a few cracking youngsters by him. His athleticism is typical of a Cavalier horse and he seems to pass it on to his offspring.
Personally I think hed make a good eventing sire as well as showjumpers though I know some breeders over here are reluctant to use him as his breeding is not fully recorded.
I was looking at some ponies for a friend recently at a small breeder's farm and he had a lovely yearling by Chippison - big strong dark bay with straight workmanlike paces. If Id had the money, Id have taken him home with me.
So yes I quite like him as a stallion and would definitely use him especially on a Thoroughbred mare to produce eventer types.

lucemoose

Visit site
Well he would have a big head- every Diamond bred horse Ive seen has a huuge head! Shame he was never DNA tested, I assume it would be harder to get his offspring registered.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I quite like him. Nothing really awful about the way he's put together. And if you are looking for a performance horse, won't go far wrong I'm sure using him.

seabiscuit

Visit site
Thanks all. Magic- Ive never seen a pic of KOD before- my god! he looks like he should be pulling a cart in the backstreets!
Genruby- interesting to hear your opinions on his youngsters! I remember reding an article on Chippison and his rider was saying how his stock are absolutely fab and all of them are natural jumpers.
Definately worth thinking about!

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
"my god! he looks like he should be pulling a cart in the backstreets!" Yep I thought milk float, but just goes to prove beauty is as beauty does. Cavalier Royale was a much nicer put together stallion & he appears in the breeding of so many good horses. When the results come through from Irish Horse Board [ihb@webtrade.ie], it features him in 50% or more of the horses placed.