Chiropractor.....?

kafue

Visit site
Hey, i have the chiropractor coming on monday to see my mare. Have never had one before, just curious as to what i can expect to happen. Had anyone else had one out? what do you think? xx

RedAdair

s630.photobucket.com
My chiro (or my horses') will take a history of said horse and then watch me walk and trot them up and then depending on what she sees she treats them, which involves various movements by both her and horses. This is done in stable, sometimes I need to hold a hoof and drop it when she says to, other times I just have to hold their head.
Depending on what she has done sometimes we trot up again after to see if there is an improvement. It can be quite dramatic! She is very good at explaining what she sees and will trot them up for me to watch and also explaining what is wrong and what she is fixing.
I'm sure you will be fine and your horse will thank you.

GinaGem

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My chiro (or my horses') will take a history of said horse and then watch me walk and trot them up and then depending on what she sees she treats them, which involves various movements by both her and horses. This is done in stable, sometimes I need to hold a hoof and drop it when she says to, other times I just have to hold their head.
Depending on what she has done sometimes we trot up again after to see if there is an improvement. It can be quite dramatic! She is very good at explaining what she sees and will trot them up for me to watch and also explaining what is wrong and what she is fixing.
I'm sure you will be fine and your horse will thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine does much the same. Takes history, walk and trot up, then a good feel all over from ears to tail. Very occasionally she'll want to see them ridden if any problem could stem from the rider or tack as opposed to an injury. She then manipulates any areas that need treating. She also sometimes uses a gadget first that treats deep muscle tissue and those pads which make the muscles twitch.

GinaGem

Visit site
Initially for my last horse it was - she was treated under sedation with the vet present. She's come out to my new horse without referral as he was a little sore under the saddle area - we think prob caused by a badly fitting saddle at the dealers or when he was backed in Ireland last year