Christ Lamfelle/Horse Dreams bareback riding pads - anyone?

Burmilla

Visit site
Good afternoon, all!

Has anyone had any experiences, good, bad or indifferent, with these products, imported and sold in UK by Horse Dreams?
I am thinking of using a bareback pad (premium plus model) with dressage girth, for my 13.3hh Exmoor x TB? Or who knows what? She is around five years old - maybe a bit younger, and had a BOGOF colt foal fourteen weeks ago. Mare and foal both well - foalie is already 11hh and looks like his sire was a TB. Very beautiful and ok to handle lightly. Mare tolerating him being in field next to her in the school. Been long lining and lunging her in walk and trot for 20 minutes 2-3 times a week for the last month - all ok.
I've had her since January this year, as a youngster to bring on with a view to her finding a good family home when I'm too old/broke to continue - about another 2-3 years, possibly.
Pony green broke by travelling persons, known to have a good eye for a horse, but to skimp on their care. Has had a saddle on, and have ridden her with a poly pad only in school and round village -all good.
So, want to build on that and get her fitter and more mature, prior to getting a saddle that is suited to the next stage in her training.
Thanks for reading this lengthy screed!

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I don't have one myself but one of my best friends did and she loved it. I've seen it in the flesh and its very good quality. I know a couple of 'forum' friends that really rate them for backing-all have the Iberian style one.

Hen

Visit site
I've got the Iberian style one and it's very lush! Been using it on my mare the last couple of months a few times a week as we had saddle fit problems, so I've been rotating between riding saddled, in bareback pad and properly bareback. You get a really good feel through it but the requisite 'padding'. It's got a little strap handle on the front but I wouldn't really want to have to use that in anger as really you'd just be pulling the pad upwards. Not had to wash it yet but it's lovely and lightweight.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
The Jay-man has one. I like bareback, but my bum does not always, so I have bought this.

I found it OK for gadding about on the school a bit, but when I rode out in it a bit further the bottom of the black numnah part rubbed him. I did not use stirrups or anything, it was just the edge seam of the numnah part.

Jay is very sensitive though, for both saddles he has a real sheepskin (dressage) and full-fluff Griffin (XC/jump), so there are no seams on them.

Jay loves sheepskin, and it does help you feel the horse better, but with added security and comfort. Mine is the same model you mention. It as through this pad I realised how his old saddle was not good enough, it seemed wrong that he went better bareback than with a fitted saddle. I use it as a yardstick.

Burmilla

Visit site
Ooh, thanks so much for the speedy and informative replies.
Very much appreciated!
I will let you know how we progress . . .

Sparkles

Visit site
Love them. Huge thumbs up. Coblets too short backed for my bum and not finished growing so no chance of finding a saddle to suit the both of us for another year or two yet. I adore riding in it and we do everything in it.

Only problem would be if you wanted to show etc.

Other than that, amazing pads. So comfy and just chuck them in the wash!