Christmas advice please....

BrockMullerGump

New User
Visit site
Hello H&H community!

Long time reader of the magazine, however - new to the forum. I'm looking for some advice on a Christmas present for my wife. It's between the following 3 pairs of boots -

* Dublin River boot (we all know what they are! http://www.robinsonsequestrian.com/dublin-river-boots--270182?colcode=27018291)
* Ariat Windermeres (with the long brown stripe down the side http://www.robinsonsequestrian.com/ariat-windermere--270176?colcode=27017690)
* Shires quilted country boot, which is exclusive to Countrywide (https://www.countrywidefarmers.co.uk/shires-quilted-country-boot)

I was wondering if anyone has owned these and could tell me the pros and cons of them? They are mainly for general wear on our yard and riding in the sand school.

My other question - I've seen the Dubarry boots are nearly double the price of the above. Are they really that good and worth the extra money, or are you just paying for the name?

Many thanks,

BMG

Goldenstar

Visit site
I love my dubarries ( I use them like wellies ) and could never contemplate a winter without them .
I have had windermeres they are comfy look nice but did not last well .
I would not want Dublin or shires .

benz

Visit site
I have Ariat windermeres they are sooooo comfy I love them, I wear them for hacking but not sure they would be great for serious schooling (although I only have these as riding boots so do use them for schooling) and not great for winter as quite thin and not totally waterproof (I still use them for winter with extra pair of socks and change to wellies for going in the field). I've had them a year and I do not look after them so they look a mess but I would definitely get another pair of ariats for the comfort factor and I prefer the look of them over other more chunky country boots.

My OH has the dublins, great yard boots for the winter but again no way they would be suitable for proper schooling.

Not tried the shires but that's usually more of a budget brand compared to the others.

Can't afford Dubarry so no idea sorry!

Sprat

Visit site
I've got the Dublins (bought them a year ago and still going strong) I don't ride in them - far to bulky - but for general yard work they are great, very warm and so far no breakages / leaking. I will certainly but another pair when these eventually give up the ghost.

I'm sure the other boots are also good but I'm a cheapskate!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I've got Ariat Windermeres and they're warm and comfy. I hack in them no problem. However, If I was getting them specifically to ride in as well I'd get Ariat Grassmeres instead as longer in the leg and more ankle support. I prefer to ride in these overall and again very warm.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have the Dublin ones I actually won them in a competition had them about a year and they still look new I wear them everyday on the yard and walking the dog, I don't ride in them but I really like them and would definitely buy another pair.

ossy

Visit site
No competition artiats for me every time, I have the grassmeres rather the windermeres though, I'd rather have the grassmeres for riding than the windermeres.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
No competition artiats for me every time, I have the grassmeres rather the windermeres though, I'd rather have the grassmeres for riding than the windermeres.

^ This, love my Ariat Grassmere's in the winter, best all round boot for me as live in them outside & ride in them from November to April :)
If you do get these, just look after them & clean properly weekly, mine are going into their 6th winter.

Ellietotz

Visit site
I know it's not on your list but I have the Toggi Quest boots and I use them for everything! Never have to wear thick socks to keep my feet warm, great for riding, yard duties etc they are literally perfect and so comfy!

rowan

Visit site
Don't no if this company https://www.bootsuperstore.co.uk/returns-policy have the boots you are looking for but they have a good return policy in place for returning items, you can return them up to 13th Jan they have put 2016 but sure they must mean 2017. Just a in case the boots didn't fit or not the style your wife wanted you no how fussy us females can be :)